What anime did you all start out on?

MrMuffinMan69
Location: Bucks County,Pa ( You can see my town in Mel Gibson's movie Signs)
Org Profile

What anime did you all start out on?

Post by MrMuffinMan69 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:23 pm

when i finally stopped watching toonami i rented Akira, ghost in the shell, and princess mononoke. after seeing these movies i went out and bought them all and have never watched toonami again! :D I was just wondering which animes all of you die-hards strated out on?
"along the path where the stream is talking, i breathe the mist and continue walking. the wood it whispers in a language of it's own."

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:24 pm

Bought the dubbed Gundam Wing from an online place. Grew out of that fairly quickly.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:32 pm

I remember seing the end of the sayan saga those many years back but my anime roots go back to the seven cities of gold, from when I was like 4 or 5

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:34 pm

ps I say it would be project A-ko on the scifi channel, I only remember the ending episode of the sayan saga, and the seven cities of gold thing is jsut too far back to remember how much I watched it.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:15 pm

Evangelion. Saw a few ads in the back of game magazines, saw a few music videos, did some research on the series, and decided to download a few episodes off Hotline (ok,me and klinky were messing around with Windows networking exploits and leeched the whole series off some guy without his really knowing it. So sue us).

And that started it all. I watch less anime now than I did before previously, admittedly, but I'll start it back up one day.
I'm out...

LionHeart_ZerO
Org Profile

Post by LionHeart_ZerO » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:16 pm

My VERY first anime would have to be, RuRouni Kenshin. I was in Hong Kong for a vacation, and I was bored, so I watched this english dubbed Kenshin, and I enjoyed it a lot! My first episode was when Kenshin was facing Sano, this was when Sano had that HUGE look a like buster sword. I thought it was awesome. Then I brought the game and the mangas and it got me addicted into other animes. Kenshin rules!
I am LionHeart and I realized I am the only one without an Avatar...

thewhacker
Org Profile

Post by thewhacker » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:17 pm

dragonballz back in the old days i used to watch dragoball z on channel 11 at 7:00 in the morning it was no problem because i had to wake up to go to svhool so i would watch while getting ready for school. Then i got dish network and started watching new episodes of dragonball z and gundam wing. Then i got bored with all re-runs then when adult swim started i watched cowboy be bop and then i stop atching anime for a while and then i saw trigun and that opend my eyes to good anime anime that is 100 times better than the crap they showed on cartoonnetwork and wb.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:20 pm

thewhacker: oh hi correct grammar

correct grammar: I GOT YOUR LIGHTNING RIGHT HERE BOYYYY

thewhacker: well i watch dragonballz and dragonball z when it used to come on and dragonballz and i like potatos DONT FORGET THE E IN POTATOE YOU DIRTY COMI

correct grammar: aint noooobody got the time to potty

thewhacker: fusho

Jiji-san
Org Profile

Post by Jiji-san » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:21 pm

The first real anime i ever saw was Vampire Hunter D. Me and my friends were getting drunk after school in 1994. One of my friends brought out VHD and i thought it was the coolest shit i'd ever seen. Since then i watch every series and movie i can get my hands on.

thewhacker
Org Profile

Post by thewhacker » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:47 pm

Fusho?

WHY IS THERE NO DAMN EDIT BUTTON AHHHHHH>

Return to “General Anime”