Anime Trivia [Please read 1st post before posting questions]

CliffD
Org Profile

Post by CliffD » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Catcher in the Rye?
No, but a very good guess considering other events in the series. Still open.
HELP!! I'm being held prisoner by CLAMP fans!! We Demand -- er, They Demand -- uh, OH, FORGET IT!! It's Fun Here!!

CliffD
Org Profile

Post by CliffD » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:09 pm

FORE!!

Q1:
CliffD wrote:Okay, this question comes from Gravion Zwei, and involves a few minor spoilers (at least for the episode).
SPOILER-GARD wrote: In the Onsen episode (YOU know which one!), Klein Sandman takes nearly the entire Earthgertz group (a few remain at the Castle in case of emergencies) on the annual company trip to a hot spring village. One of the usual pastimes -- table tennis -- turns dangerous as several patrons (including, by a coincidence, members of the EFA) for the Grand Prize: a ticket for a "super-deluxe reserved VIP hot spring" visit.

THE QUESTION: In the end, who winds up with the VIP Hot Springs Bathing Ticket?
Q2:
CliffD wrote:This question comes from Girls Bravo.

Courtesy of extreme (but rich) pervert Kazuharu Fukuyama, Kirie Kojima and Company are given tickets to a match at one of the best baseball stadiums in the country: Fukuyama Dome (It's good to be rich). However, when they arrive at the gate to their seats (which turns out to be an elevator), it is then that Fukuyama makes a startling (to them, not to the Viewers) revelation: the tickets are not for a baseball game, but for an annual fighting competition held at a secret basement level under the Dome:
Kazuharu Fukuyama wrote:Welcome to Girls Fight!
(It's REALLY good to be rich :shock: :twisted: :wink: )

THE QUESTION: At what basement level does this event take place?
Q3:
CliffD wrote:This one comes from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

In one episode, a lot of focus is put on the Tachikomas that are used by Section 9, the rapid development of their cyber-brains, and the beginning signs of individuality. One of the Tachikomas has even taken to reading books (Yes, actually reading literature on paper media). In its little cubby, you can see the Tachikoma in question, stacks of books around him, and a book in its manipulators.

THE QUESTION: What is the title of the book this Tachikoma is reading at this time?

BIG HINT: This particular work HAS been made a number of times onto film and television; the first time, into a film (not under the same name) which won the person playing the main character an Academy Award.
Q4:
This question comes from the TV series Aa Megami-sama (yes, Ah My Goddess)

During the recent annual Miss NIT pageant, entry No. 16 (and last year's winner) Sayoko Mishima faces major competition from two new contestants -- Urd and Belldandy. With Urd crashing the stage, and Belldandy trying to talk Urd into not interfering w/ the other contestants' performance (without realizing that she's doing it as well, with the microphone in her hand), things couldn't get worse for Sayoko.

That is, until she tries to do the talent portion -- karaoke -- and the wrong song comes up (even worse for Urd; she falls asleep whenever she hears enka music).

THE QUESTION: What was the karaoke number of the song Sayoko was supposed to sing?
HELP!! I'm being held prisoner by CLAMP fans!! We Demand -- er, They Demand -- uh, OH, FORGET IT!! It's Fun Here!!

Kasuga Ayumu
Org Profile

Post by Kasuga Ayumu » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:22 pm

B13268

CliffD
Org Profile

Post by CliffD » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:49 pm

Kasuga Ayumu wrote:B13268
That's the number!! The thread is YOURS!! But first, . . .

Q1 (Gravion Zwei):
SPOILER-GARD wrote: The VIP Hot Springs Bathing Ticket was presented by the Gran Knights . . . to Mr. Raven, who really wanted to go to the hot springs with everyone else, but had to stay at the castle.
Q2 (Girls Bravo):
The fighting competition took place under the Fukuyama Dome, in basement level 69.

Q3 (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex):
The book the Tachikoma was reading was Flowers for Algernon. (The motion picture Charly, based on that particular novel by Daniel Keyes, starred Cliff Robertson, who later won a Best Actor Oscar for that particular role.)

Okay, Ayumu, take it away.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:14 pm

It's been two days - I'm claiming this :P

Slayers Try:

What was the real reason Lina's sister wouldn't take the job of saving the world?

*Note - this isn't because of her part-time job.

Kasuga Ayumu
Org Profile

Post by Kasuga Ayumu » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Uhm ... guess I kinda forgot about this thread :oops:

Anyway, Lina's sister couldn't take the job because (can't remember the exact words) it required someone "between the light (gods) and the darkness (demons)" so Luna, as a knight of whatshisname, the water dragon god, did not qualify.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:41 pm

Good call - the thread is yours again :)

Kasuga Ayumu
Org Profile

Post by Kasuga Ayumu » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Ok, but first, I looked it up: His name is Ceiphied and he's a Flare Dragon, not a Water Dragon.

Rozen Maiden question: In the first season Jun and the dolls helped Nori to practice for a play. Which play was it and what role did Suisei Seki play?

Kasuga Ayumu
Org Profile

Post by Kasuga Ayumu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:56 pm

Next question: Pani Poni Dash: What's hidden under the pool?

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:57 pm

A missle silo?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Return to “General Anime”