What is left after trigun

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

What is left after trigun

Postby thewhacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:46 am

I finished watching all 26 episodes of trigun and since i have no life and i am possibly the laziest person in the world what other animes do you guys and gals (if there are any and if there are i find asian girls to be extremly hot)
reccomend im looking for something along the lines of trigun and cowboy bebop.
thewhacker

Postby akatoro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:49 am

Maybe Rurouni Kenshin. he's one of those bleeding do-gooders as well. :evil:
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell
akatoro

Postby RyanGlazner » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:55 am

Kenshin is good. The OVAs with Tomoe are, in my opinion, the best of the Kenshin anime. Outlaw Star is good, too. I've heard Spriggan is pretty good, and it seems to be action-oriented, so you might look into that one as well.
RyanGlazner

Postby thewhacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:13 pm

kenshin and spriggan ehhh well i dont just want some good goody action man i want also some dark evil protagonist ass well like spawn.
thewhacker

Postby Rozard » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:16 pm

FLCL, perhaps? Or Excel Saga?
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby projekt_navi » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:37 pm

FLCL!!!
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:
projekt_navi

Postby akatoro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:42 pm

Yeah, Excel Saga is very.. Amusing. I ordered the first DVD from america earlier this week. A lot of fun if you're into twister humor :twisted:
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell
akatoro

Postby Gatsthedarksword » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:59 pm

dark evil protganists, sounds like you could use some berserk! but if you looking for something along the lines of cowboy bebop and trigun you might look for gunsmith cats (i havn't seen it) but i have seen some music videos of it and some of my friends say it's pretty cool
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.
Gatsthedarksword

Postby RyanGlazner » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:00 pm

Gunsmith Cats is pretty good, but if you're getting the videos (and not the manga) it's really short.
RyanGlazner

Postby akatoro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:55 pm

Heh, yeah Berserk is really good. I'm on ep 23 right now.. Out of 25 no?
EXCITING! :D
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell
akatoro

Postby leathelanime » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:24 pm

Kenshin,Outlaw Star,Bubblegum Crisis (New),Slayers (all must Have slayers in there life....Buy all the box sets!!!!)Jubei-Chan,Orphen,Soutaker,Betterman,Excel Saga,Hellsing,Streetfight 2v,Jin-roh,Akira and Magic Users Club (and for you bastards who dont know.....Maho tsuki Tai)

Man the list goes on and on and on!!! Theres life after trigun
leathelanime

Postby Petro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:27 pm

My favorites include Vandread, Nadesico, Gatekeepers, Dual, Noir, fullmetal.panic!, RahXephon, and Witch Hunter Robin to name a few.

Some of those are only in fansubs right now, some are released in the US and some are licensed. If you want an idea of what Noir is about, I'd suggest watching my Noir AMV :wink: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=4551 it doesn't have any spoilers and I think it give a good representation of what makes the anime so cool without giving away too much. ^_^

AMVs are a great way to find anime to watch. "Believe" got me to watch Battle Athletes Victory (there's another good one - cheap too!) and Cauldwell's Engel video got me to watch Evangelion.

If you're looking for series' like CBBB and Trigun though, I'd suggest Outlaw Star. That's the 3rd anime in that trio of 3 that came out at the same time and had similar styles.
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Postby thewhacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:49 pm

This is getting cunfusing i just started watching anime (watched dbz then i dbgt db trigun and cowboybebop) I guess i will go with anything i can find online. (kazaa) (and sorry if i can say that im getting things from kazaa havent read the rules yet but i will.)

none of my money is going to corporate pigs trying to take over the world
thewhacker

Postby afleetinghope » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:51 pm

X TV
afleetinghope

Postby Petro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:00 pm

thewhacker wrote:none of my money is going to corporate pigs trying to take over the world

Dude, none of the anime companies are trying to take over the world. The entire anime market in the US grosses between $62-70 mil a YEAR. That's the entire industry! We're not talking the MIAA or the RIAA here - heck half the anime companies in the US even have their own Fansubbing groups!

You support anime companies, you support anime creators - unlike the RIAA where when you buy the major label CDs you get crap and the creators get nothing. :P

If you're looking for something cheap (price wise) I'd suggest Battle Athletes Victory - it's $10 a DVD. But like I said before: the trio for the style you wanted is Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star.
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Petro

Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia

Next

Return to General Anime