Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Escaflowne

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

Postby UncleMilo » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:02 am

Hakura wrote:Trigun starts as a comedy anime....but it certainly doens't end up that way...

This is true of many anime.

Rayearth certainly has a darker ending than you would have expected given the sugary nature of the start.

Fushigi Yugi is very funny in the first few eps, but by the end of Season 1, you can't believe it's the same show.

I'll be an Angel is the last show you'd EVER think would get serious by the end... and yet, I was floored by the power of the last episodes.

Just throwing thoughts out...

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.
UncleMilo

Postby FlashGordon33 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:54 am

What a Question. Of course Cowboy Bebop. Its one of the best Animes you could see. And the Money that the money you have to pay for a dvd are a good investigation
FlashGordon33

Postby stormychef » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:00 am

kthulhu wrote:
akatoro wrote:Klinky, are you a woman?

What makes you wonder that here?

On a faceless medium such as this it shouldn't really matter if male, female, blond, brunette...

Trigun, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop...And Trigun ending is by far the best, I didn't like the ending of Cowboy Bebop. All 3 are great though!
stormychef

Postby stormychef » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:07 am

kthulhu wrote:
akatoro wrote:Klinky, are you a woman?

What makes you wonder that here?

On a faceless medium such as this it shouldn't really matter if male, female, blond, brunette...

Trigun, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop...And Trigun ending is by far the best, I didn't like the ending of Cowboy Bebop. All 3 are great though!
stormychef

Postby akatoro » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:39 am

It's just that the avatars are so confusing when it comes to pondering on the writer. Personally I see the avatar writing the text so I was only curious. And no I do not believe that the gender, colour or whatever matters but I am sorry if I made it look like that or if I offended anyone. :?
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell
akatoro

Postby jedikitty » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:22 am

cowboy beboop...and i already have the box set....

-JK
jedikitty

Postby thewhacker » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:37 am

Trigun kicks ass and cowboy bebop too but i didnt buy the DVD's i just downloaded all the episodes.

MWAHHAHAHHA TAKE THAT YOU CORPORATE PIGS :twisted:
thewhacker

I'd go for the Space Cowboy first.

Postby voetbal_14 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:07 pm

I personally would go with Bebop first because of the fact that the entire series is top notch and dripping with style. The only beef I have about Bebop is the fact that the storyline doesn't seem to flow very well at times. In contrast, Trigun has an excellent storyline. On the downside, sometimes the animation is lacking in certain episodes from time to time. That's what makes Bebop so great. The $179 - $199 price tag for the DVD set, however, might turn people off though.
voetbal_14

Postby ZeWrestler » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:55 pm

Trigun all the way
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby Cailet730 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:20 pm

Woah That's a hard choice. I have seen all three, but only bought Bebop and Trigun. It took me awhile to get into Escaflowne, and I didn't like some of the storylines at all. I think I want to buy it eventually, but I'm not dying to own it. Hmmmm. If I had to make a decision, I say go with Bebop first and then Trigun.

Cailet
Cailet730

Postby CaTaClYsM » Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:24 pm

hmmm alot of you are going bebop. what special fetures do the DVD's have? just curious
CaTaClYsM

Postby Cailet730 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:38 pm

hmmm alot of you are going bebop. what special fetures do the DVD's have? just curious

They have the DVD menu set up like Ed's Computer!!!! (What more could you want :lol: )

(And there's some trailers on there. I forget what else, I'm too lazy to go look right now.)
Cailet730

Postby FirestormXIII » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:05 pm

Bebop personally, but Trigun on reccomendation. Why? I think Trigun is the better series overall (I have the set), it does flow better than Bebop (but that's mostly becuase of the nature of the series), and it'll throw you for a loop by the end.
Me personally though, I would go for Bebop. I've only seen the first two dvds, but there's just things about Bebop that I love. The soundtrack is awesome, the animation is very good (and consistent, unlike trigun which bounces back and forth between goofy and serious. Not a bad point on trigun, becuause it works for it) and it just ooozes cool. I just love it.

Honestly if you can afford it, get them both. If you decide to go with Bebop though, be prepared to search a bit if you want the true box set (the perfect sessions) because only 9,000 sets of them were released over here. You can get bundled sets though, they just won't have some of the special features as are in the perfect sessions (like episode 0). I found one such set here.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.
FirestormXIII

Postby Chaos Angel » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:46 pm

Maybe I've missed it, but where in Perfect Sessions is Episode 0? I have the Perfect Sessions box set, and it came with the six DVDs and a copy of disc 1 of the OST. No ep 0, that I've seen. Where is it, the special features of one of the discs?
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.
Chaos Angel

Postby Sierra Lorna » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:34 am

TRIGUN!!! If you've only seen the beginning of the series, you don't know what you're missing. It gets a lot better. It's the first anime boxed set I ever bought. It practically changed my way of thinking, seriously.

Right now I'm stressing over Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne as well. I hope to buy both, but they cost so much! :(
ImageImage
Sierra Lorna

PreviousNext

Return to General Anime