LIVE-ACTION EVANGELION AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT!!!

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:15 am

Not in her face, no.
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

yuppa
Org Profile

Post by yuppa » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:02 am

gemdo: thers a huge angel outside, hes really pissed of? ehat do you do rookie? what do you do? he ask shinji.
Shinji: damn you father speak in english! unit one is falling toward gendo..
Gendo:WHOA! unit one l;ands on him. ass first.
Shinji? Is he dead? misato.?
MIsato: YEP! as a doornail.
Shiji: good no acting sum bitch. :D
END OF LINE
Once king of noobs...now king nothing!!

aidari
Org Profile

Post by aidari » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:25 am

yuppa wrote:gemdo: thers a huge angel outside, hes really pissed of? ehat do you do rookie? what do you do? he ask shinji.
Shinji: damn you father speak in english! unit one is falling toward gendo..
Gendo:WHOA! unit one l;ands on him. ass first.
Shinji? Is he dead? misato.?
MIsato: YEP! as a doornail.
Shiji: good no acting sum bitch. :D
erm...huh?
I LOVE REI!!!!!!!! is that un-natural?
www.animnex.com

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:26 am

That's it. I'm going to write 18 episode scripts (one for each angel past the second plus a two-part finale based on EOE), take the bus up to Skywalker Ranch, knock on George Lucas's door, shove the scripts in his face, and say "I want you to make this, dammit!" Then at least the scripts would be good, even if the whole series would be CGI.

Alternately, it could be done as a bunch of movies, with ~3 Angels per movie. Or we could work out the details in George's living room.

I'll do it Monday.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

TallonKarrde23
Org Profile

Post by TallonKarrde23 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:50 am

the Black Monarch wrote:That's it. I'm going to write 18 episode scripts (one for each angel past the second plus a two-part finale based on EOE), take the bus up to Skywalker Ranch, knock on George Lucas's door, shove the scripts in his face, and say "I want you to make this, dammit!" Then at least the scripts would be good, even if the whole series would be CGI.

how do we KNOW the scripts will be good? maybe you suck ass at screen writing.
I SUPPORT THE CHINESE MAFIA!
DER FUHRER IS SANTA!

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:22 am

TallonKarrde23 wrote:how do we KNOW the scripts will be good? maybe you suck ass at screen writing.
Because all I have to do is take the existing episodes and make improvements, extensions, and additions. It would be a great opportunity to fix the lack of thought in the 3 episodes where Asuka first shows up. You know, like show Rei and Gendo actually having lunch at NERV during Magma Diver. Asuka talks to Shinji about Gendo after learning about the "cleanup" plan, giving her a little bit of concern for other people. And then Rei joins Shinji in the hot springs and Shinji's like "you know, the girls' side is over there" and she's like "yeah, but you're here" and he just kind of spazzes out from the implications... good times, good times... I'd redo the whole thing with Unit 03 to involve Unit 04 so that Shinji has only himself to blame for Toji's near-death, and Toji could then get his ass kicked by the 14th Angel, and Misato and Kaji could set up Shinji and Rei on a date, and just as they meet and are about to get going, the 16th angel attacks, adding a whole new perspective to that battle. And I'd make all of the characters more 3-dimensional instead of the exaggerated stereotypes that the english dub made them.

Basically, it would rock.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:41 am

The thing is, after the whole "good work, shinji" thing and the visit to Yui's grave, Shinji and Gendo were sort of moving toward a reconciliation. Also, Shinji still hates himself later on, even though his reasons are no longer really valid. So it just works better if Toji (or maybe someone else...) almost dies because of Shinji's inaction rather than Gendo's decision. I was also disappointed with the way Unit 04 was involved in the story:

"It just disappeared"
"Really?"
"Yup."
(silence)
"Do we know why?"
"Nope."
(silence)
"Bummer."
"Yeah. Bummer."
(silence)
"Anyway, how 'bout them Lakers?"

C'mon! That's pathetic! I want to see Units 03 and 04 totally just beat the shit out of each other for several minutes before one of them wins and starts ripping the other's guts out.

So yeah... awesomeness.

And the evas would be 15-foot-tall puppets like the Alien Queen in "Aliens" or Jabba the Hutt in "Return of the Jedi." None of that cheesy CGI crap.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:16 pm

you know... that 'cheesey CGI stuff' got the LOTR: the fellowship of the ring a couple awards, and a bunch of praise, so i wouldn't put it totally out of thought and mind.
if i remember, that giant flame monster that was in the tunnels (dwarf palace/city/thing) was pretty bad-ass looking and it moved great, and wasn't Weta Workshop (the company that made the cgi sequences for LOTR) supposed to be the company doing the cgi for the life action eva, or does someone have PROOF that it's not true? (not just nay-sayers)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:43 pm

Well yeah, but CGI is usually just a cheap cop-out for people too uncreative to do anything else. Even Weta has its limits; compare the Ents in LOTR to anything from The Neverending Story and see the difference. Nothing beats real, solid objects when doing special effects.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:50 pm

true... since cgi is only trying to make something LOOK real, naturaly, it CAN'T beat the REAL thing, but when you work with giant flaming creatures or giant robots being stabbed and sparks coming out of their impaled bodies... cgi is pretty tempting in contrast to making someone get in a suit and be set on fire or stabbed with progressive knives, but mechanical equipment is pretty sweeet.
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Return to “General Anime”