Wow, no American Release Death and Rebirth Topic?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.
User avatar
afleetinghope
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2001 1:02 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby afleetinghope » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:04 pm

Hmm, I've been thinking about getting it this weekend (hell, it's cheaper to buy that version then the HK version), but I already got MKR, RK OVA & Tenchi Forever in this week so I guess I can wait. o_o;

User avatar
Beefmaster10000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:41 pm
Location: Canada
Org Profile

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:08 am

You people don't get it, do you? I am not just some dumb anime fan that can't tell a Bootleg from the real deal. For your information the won I won on Ebay IS the REAL DEAL. The real Manga release. Bootlegs suck, and I can tell very well what is bootleg or not because I actually do my research into anime, and this includes Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Also, if this isn't the real Rebirth on the DVD, then who cares right? I will be getting End of Evangelion as well, so its all good, and you said it was basically End of Evangelion, right?

User avatar
Garylisk
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:03 am
Status: Littlecolt
Location: Equestira
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:17 am

Death and Rebirth was hardly worth watching.

Don't waste your money on the DVD domestically.. get a fansub for 2 bucks or something. That's about all I would pay for that garbage heap of a waste of film. :P

End of Eva on the other hand is very worthwhile. It's one of the only Eva things I like at all. :P
Get a life? I'm a gamer! I have lots of lives!

User avatar
Beefmaster10000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:41 pm
Location: Canada
Org Profile

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:59 am

fansubs suck! I much prefer the dubs. I don't waist money on worthless piles of cheap, poorly done subs of hell.

Did I piss you off yet, sub fan?

User avatar
Garylisk
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:03 am
Status: Littlecolt
Location: Equestira
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:22 am

Not really. I don't get pissed off at other people's opinions.

Furthermore I am not a sub fan, I am a fan of the show as it was meant to be viewed and heard.

Furthermore, I'd rather watch a show a lot sooner than its North American release with nice liner notes and subtitles done by a fansubber who care about the show instead of a company who cares about the money.

Have I torn your argument to shreds yet, dub fan?
Get a life? I'm a gamer! I have lots of lives!

User avatar
klinky
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:23 am
Location: Cookie College...
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby klinky » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:04 am

Beefmaster10000 wrote:fansubs suck! I much prefer the dubs. I don't waist money on worthless piles of cheap, poorly done subs of hell.

Did I piss you off yet, sub fan?



Do you know what a fansub is.

It's a sub by subs for subs.

You shouldn't be paying for a fansub(sometimes you do have to pay for a tape or CD). If you buy fansubs off of ebay that = bad.

MANY fansubs are wayyy better then the commericial release. One of the reasons is just that they're plain easier to read what with better control over fonts and color used.

Many people put ALOT of effort into fansubbing.

Now the idea of fansubs is to sub a series and bring exposure to it before it is licensed over here. It is not a alternative to the actual release. You can have your fansub, but you should purchase the actual release when it becomes available.


DVDs that are known for horrid subtitles are HK DVDs(bootlegs). If you get something off of Ebay, most likely it's a bootleg or DivX fansubs that shouldn't be sold in the first place.

Also there are many places on the web that pimp bootlegs as being legit, which is just not right.


~klinky

User avatar
klinky
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:23 am
Location: Cookie College...
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby klinky » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:05 am

That should be a sub by fans for fans ;p


heheehehe

User avatar
Beefmaster10000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:41 pm
Location: Canada
Org Profile

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:35 am

Garylisk wrote:Not really. I don't get pissed off at other people's opinions.

Furthermore I am not a sub fan, I am a fan of the show as it was meant to be viewed and heard.

Furthermore, I'd rather watch a show a lot sooner than its North American release with nice liner notes and subtitles done by a fansubber who care about the show instead of a company who cares about the money.

Have I torn your argument to shreds yet, dub fan?


No, you have not torn my arguments to shreds. In fact, you are FAR from doing so. By the way, I really don't hate Fansubs. I was just saying that. I have watched fansubs on numerous occasions, and I do admit that the subtitling is very well done. So don't give me this "n00b" treatment. I know about the bootlegs on ebay, and I stay far away from them. They are also not that hard to see that they are bootlegs.

Garylisk, you very well get pissed off at people's opinions. Well, not really pissed off, but you sure do not respect other's opinions. In your damn DUB/SUB thread, you even was argued with another user who thought a dub for a certain character was better, then you come in and say that he is wrong for having such an opinion. I don't see why you are bothered by other people's opinions.

A lot of sub fans do this kind of thing, actually. All this crap I hear from them: "Do yourself a favor, watch this show subbed, the dubs suck, bla bla." You people seem to criticize how pathetic the dubs are done, yet I do not see it that way. Guess what, I like the Dub for Love Hina, and I prefer to watch it dubbed. I bring up Love Hina because all of you seem to hate its dub, but I just can't find what is so wrong with it. Almost everything that is said on these boards are opinion, and then there are numerous people who have to shoot other people's opinions down just to make themselves feel better. Why can't any of you just respect how people want to watch there anime? I like dubs, that is that. I also respect your decisions to watch anime subtitled, because I could care less how you like to watch it.

User avatar
klinky
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 12:23 am
Location: Cookie College...
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby klinky » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:19 am

Beefmaster10000 wrote:fansubs suck!



that looks like you hate fansubs :roll:



but that was then this is now...


and I never said you didn't know what a bootleg was....

I even suggested that you had gotten a legit version....


~klinky

User avatar
afleetinghope
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2001 1:02 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby afleetinghope » Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:31 pm

Picked it up at FYE today for $22 plus tax, be nice if more DVDs were that cheap.

temjin
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:45 pm
Location: leesburg, virginia
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby temjin » Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:57 pm

it's a good thing i know you are all joking, cause if i was new, i would have thought you guys actually like eva. hooks for feet

User avatar
MAS PRODUCTIONS
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2001 12:43 pm
Location: Ft Smith, AR
Org Profile

Postby MAS PRODUCTIONS » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:37 pm

Believe it or not Temjin, I actually like Evangelion, its one of the few original anime out. Now do I worship Evangelion, no, I dont believe in just sticking with one anime. After watching an entire series I move on to another.

User avatar
BaHaRa
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 11:09 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BaHaRa » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:09 pm

A lot of sub fans do this kind of thing, actually. All this crap I hear from them: "Do yourself a favor, watch this show subbed, the dubs suck, bla bla." You people seem to criticize how pathetic the dubs are done, yet I do not see it that way. Guess what, I like the Dub for Love Hina, and I prefer to watch it dubbed. I bring up Love Hina because all of you seem to hate its dub, but I just can't find what is so wrong with it. Almost everything that is said on these boards are opinion, and then there are numerous people who have to shoot other people's opinions down just to make themselves feel better. Why can't any of you just respect how people want to watch there anime? I like dubs, that is that. I also respect your decisions to watch anime subtitled, because I could care less how you like to watch it.


that is how all people SHOULD think on forums...but if you believe that, you should follow it, which you didnt exactly do in your previous post....

User avatar
Beefmaster10000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:41 pm
Location: Canada
Org Profile

Postby Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:52 pm

BaHaRa wrote:that is how all people SHOULD think on forums...but if you believe that, you should follow it, which you didnt exactly do in your previous post....


That previous post was supposed to be a joke, which looking at your people's response, I can see that the joke failed miserabley.

temjin
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:45 pm
Location: leesburg, virginia
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby temjin » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:40 pm

MAS PRODUCTIONS wrote:Believe it or not Temjin, I actually like Evangelion, its one of the few original anime out. Now do I worship Evangelion, no, I dont believe in just sticking with one anime. After watching an entire series I move on to another.


i admire you. most people would flame me then eat my soul with pirates. im not going to say it sucks or you're wrong. i just didn't like it. MAS PRODUCTIONS RULES


Return to “General Anime”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest