just hit anime puberty

Neo-Matrix
Org Profile

just hit anime puberty

Post by Neo-Matrix » Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:46 pm

no i didnt watch a hentai. i finally got out of my toonami hole and rented the first 2 videos(4 episodes) of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Akira movie.
*spoilers, dont read if u havent watched akira and at least the first 2 vid of eva.

wow akira was crazy... first of all, i think they didnt have enough leading up to Tetsuo being so freakin crazy. just because you get made fun of doesnt mean you're gonna go killing the whole world and not caring.
violent stuff... i know its nothing compared to (insert your favorite bloody anime and tell me how pathetic akira is compared to it). but im not really into graphic violence maybe its just not as important for an anime to me...
Evangelion... only 4 episodes in, and already there were like 3 or 4 places where they used the exact same picture for almost 30 seconds.... you guys complain about DBZ being boring?? and the dubs werent very good, i liked the voices but they didnt do a good job with volume, and some script parts were dumb. like Shinji kept making all these noises, like groaning and just stupid noises. and the story jumped around twice, leaving me confused for 20 minutes until they went back and told the part they skipped. cool eva's and good fights. shinji had a sqeeky voice, yea hes 14 but in a quality production they shouldnt have parts where his voice raises 4 octave and hurts my ears... but in all i was glad i watched them both, and i am told that i need to watch the rest of evangelion to appreciate it, so ill try to get the rest.

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:13 pm

did it take you this long, s0n?
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

artfreak13
Org Profile

Post by artfreak13 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:50 pm

i finally got out of my toonami hole and rented the first 2 videos(4 episodes) of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Akira movie.
good thing you did, its a dark hole.....
AOL discs.... just chuck 'em

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:20 pm

go ahead and burn the eva shit you wasted your money on. actually, just wait, it will catch fire anyway for evil cannot last long while in the pressence of the holy akira.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:15 pm

ALLAH WILL SMITE THE HEATHENS

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:23 am

i know its nothing compared to (insert your favorite bloody anime and tell me how pathetic akira is compared to it). but im not really into graphic violence maybe its just not as important for an anime to me...
The first step is admitting it! LOL! Nah. Anyway, if that's true, then there's plenty of stuff out there for you. The world of doesn't end at Toonami nor does it end at animes like Akira and Eva. (And no. i'm not bashing Akira or Eva in any way. I like them both)

Try watching something else. Trigun is a good "I'm crawling out of my Toonami hole" anime. It's fun, not too violent and has a great story. I've gotten many hooked on Trigun. It's worth spending your twenty bucks on if you can't rent it.

You'll soon find the perfect anime for you out there. And then you'll be crazy people like the rest of us!

And no. i'm not bashing Akira or Eva in any way. I like them both.
"I am a luggage suitcase! I don't need a passport!"- Schuichi

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:25 am

And just ignore the last line there. I meant to hit delete after I moved it up...stupid crap mac and your small keys....

Kamoc
Org Profile

Post by Kamoc » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:36 am

actually, eva's not SO bad.. the movie's fucking stupid, the story's fucking retarded, and akira's just fucking horrible. the manga's alot better, but unless you can shell out $20 for just one of the 6 huge books, i wouldn't even reccomend that.

check out trigun and cowboy bebop, those are awesome beginer animes.

that's you it there have.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:48 am

I'm not going to go into it... but the EVA dub is really not very good.

The biggest problem is that the show centers on Shinji... and the English Voice Actor has openly admitted how much he hated the character...

and that attitude hurts the presentation...

and if you get Shinji wrong... you're just never going to get the show...

Evangelion is very complicated and all about what is said and HOW it is said... and what ISN'T said...

However, since you seem more interested in violence, I'll just leave it at that.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:08 am

violence is good.

Return to “General Anime”