Here is one everyone will know about Eva unit 01 vs Wing 0

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:24 pm

Given than Eva 01 can regenerate limbs, I'd have to say it could outlast Gundam Wing Zero. As for Strength, I have yet to see any real example of the mecha's strength, as it just uses its guns and beam sabre all the time (in zero G no less), while Eva has caught at least a third of the body mass of that big honkin Angel. Just because its mechanical doesn't make it stronger, Gundams weren't built for strength, they were built for firepower. And theres no reason to lower an AT Field to attack. You can step on it with the AT field in tact no problem.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:16 pm

I'm just gonna mention again (as I did in the last thread) that humans in the Gundam Universe didn't have Angels to contend with, so they didn't need all that hyper-advanced-disturbing technology that they had in Eva. So yea, the Gundam would really get it's behind whooped, especially coming straight out of it's own universe.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:51 am

well since the wing 0 has the advantage of flight I doubt that he could be stepped on with an AT field. And since the wing 0 has an advantage in distance fighting because of the acuracy that it has all he would have to do is wait for shinji to drop his AT field and fire, and even if shinji kept it up he wouldn't be able to get at wing 0, no matter how high he jumped.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:08 am

So then Misato would order Asuka to use her AT Field and bitch slap Heero back down to Earth. And that's all she wrote!

*Turns to audience* Am I right?
*Audience* Yeah!
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:35 pm

and then the white fand use their battle ship and blow up the planet, and thats all she wrote.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:37 pm

Evas can withstand an apocylpse.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:40 pm

*Apocalypse. I knew that looked wrong.
By the way, CaT, give it up. You're bishonen wishes aren't going to come true. Didn't I just say that?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:48 pm

can they withstand a direct blast from that ray gun on the battle ship? I think not, and besides, this is a 1 on 1 fight.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:55 pm

A) Energy is energy

B) If the gun that Unit 01 used REALLY did fire Positrons then Earth had no atmosphere. Why? Because, a positron is a particle of antimatter, and if it came into contact with a decent ammount of matter (say, the air between Unit 01 and the angel) then we could kiss Japan goodbye. Since Japan is still there at the end of the episode, we can assume that the techies made a typo and the gun, thankfully, did not shoot antimatter particles. Either that, or Earth's atmosphere had disspaited away and all life on the planet had ceased.

C) "You need progressive weapons, positron beams, or just a large, sinking battleship"

D) Assuming Wing Zero is made out of the same material that the cable spool/carrier deck is made out of in the above referenced episode of EVA, then it's indestructable.

E) Who cares?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:45 pm

besides, I seem to remember something about the remodeled wing 01 savign the planet by getting in the way of the ray fire by the wight fangs battle ship. (or SOMETHING like that, its been so long that I can't remeber.)

Return to “General Anime”