Here is one everyone will know about Eva unit 01 vs Wing 0

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:17 am

wing 0 takes the spear of longness or sommething and kills the eva and as u all knoiw the spear is a weapon of gods and it can pass throught an at fiel like it wasn't there ans alsow gundams have the edge
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

It amazes me people are still asking this question...

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:54 am

I can't believe people are still posting these things... Standard spoiler warnings apply.

First of all, AT Fields cannot be pierced by conventional weapons. They can be broken through with Progressive Weapons (progressive knives and axes, for example, which are what the Eva use against the angels) that resonate at a counterfrequency that negates the field. They can also be pierced by a Positron beam (Positrons being the polar opposite of the Electrons that hold the field together, causing it to again negate), hense the Eva's pulse rifles and that big gun used against Angel 05 in the sixth episode. Finally, an AT field can be pierced by another AT field, which is what happens whent he Eva's "catch" the falling angel and when they run up to them. Thats what is going on when you see the Eva spread its own AT Field with its hands to rip appart an Angel's AT field.

That established, Television Series Wing Gundam 01 is 16.3 m tall, just for perspective, TV Series Wing 0 is 16.7 m tall, and Endless Waltz pretty angel feathers Wing Zero clocks in exactly the same at 16.7 m tall. Rather impressive, true, but Evangelion Unit 01 (shoulders included) is 104.16 Feet tall, or 31.75 meters, nearly twice as tall.

Wing Gundam Zero's Buster Rifle is packing 3732 kilowatts of juice. Even if we ignore the fact that its not a positron rifle just for the sake of giving it a chance, it took the power of literally all of Neo-Japan crammed into a positron sniper rifle in order to puncture the AT Field of Angel 05, whose AT field was abnormally strong, but ultimately weaker than Evangelion Unit 01's, given that Unit 01 has survived nuclear fallout on more than one occasion and yes, at 100% synch ratio, Eva 01 has registered a more powerful AT field. 3732 kilowatts doesn't come close to the power output of even what was left of Japan in post 2nd impact, so the Buster Rifle is not capable of cutting through an AT Field. Before anyone argues that Buster Rifle can destroy a colony in one blast, colonies are pansies. A self-sustained environment in outer space is a fragile thing loaded with fuel to energize it and a great deal of pressurized environment to aid in an explosion when punctured. Three blasts from the buster rifle could not penetrate the base in Endless Waltz (even though they wrecked the thing horribly, the plating was not punctured and those inside were not vaporized). Besides, it can't fire the gun more than three times without overloading.

Wing Gundam Zero is capable of flight, which would be its advantage, but as of the end of the series, Evangelion Unit 01 is also capable of such.

Also notable, the speeds reached by the three Evangelion units when catching the falling angel were equal if not greater than those recorded in the Gundam Wing series. Given that the Wing Gundam never pressed its speed to the max (unless it did in the last fight scene, where we can't really tell how fast they're going due to the fact that they're flying backwards and obviously not maxing out), theres no telling what its potential is, but based on what we've seen, the Evangelions should at least be evenly matched (mind you a step for an Eva is equivalent to two for a Gundam and size blinds speed, so when they're running, they're clearing a few city blocks in each stride).

Evangelion Unit 01 digested an S² super solenoid engine, so it has infinate run time and is not a victim of the 5 minutes of power / umbilacle cable problem. It should be noted that the failed experiment with the S² engine destroyed the US Midwest NERV branch (along with a rather sizable radius of the country), so getting one that works is a rare occurance. You'd have a better chancing fighting Eva Unit 00, whom is still restricted to the 5 minute no-cable rule. Eva 02 would just kick their asses horribly in five minutes, given it can use its AT Field as a weapon...

I do give points to Wing Gundam Zero for having a superior pilot. With the Zero System on, Heero Yui is a powerful force to be reckoned with, as it allows him to meet his potential and to an extent become one with his machine. Shinji isn't much of a pilot at all, but his Evangelion's bond with him gives it the same connection as a Zero System would (with actually feeling the pain in place of crazy insanity visions, those are Shinjis without the aid of the Eva, heh...), so Heero Yui's advantage will probrably keep him alive for a bit, maybe long enough to find out that his Zero Buster Rifle and Beam Sabre (lets not even joke about this glowstick's capabilities to cut through an AT field) are ineffective and attempt an escape to restrategize before getting stepped on by the massive size, strength (Eva Unit 02 picked up a fricken aircraft carrier and used it like a shield against cruise missiles), and uncompromisable shielding.

Of course, I left out the factor that the Zero System often causes its user to berserk and take out the whole battle field, but if I brought that into account, then I would have to bring in Evangelion 01's berserker tendencies and that just wouldn't be right. We want to at least leave some of the bishounen's chances.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

Kamoc
Org Profile

Post by Kamoc » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:27 am

do i have to explain robolove again? jesus.

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:41 am

I've actually just got a txt file of that whole debate, so I post the same thing every time it comes up. I don't see why people ask the same question over and over again.
Amv@animazement.org

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:03 pm

I still say that the wing 0 is NOT beign given due credit or thought. first off It is made of gundanium alloy (ow whatever its call if I got it wrong its because its been a whiles since I have seen the series.) The thing is also mechanical. so it is probably

A. stronger and

b. take much more of a beating than an eva would and IF eva unit 01 tried to attack then his AT field would have to come down and that would be it for him.

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:24 pm

Given than Eva 01 can regenerate limbs, I'd have to say it could outlast Gundam Wing Zero. As for Strength, I have yet to see any real example of the mecha's strength, as it just uses its guns and beam sabre all the time (in zero G no less), while Eva has caught at least a third of the body mass of that big honkin Angel. Just because its mechanical doesn't make it stronger, Gundams weren't built for strength, they were built for firepower. And theres no reason to lower an AT Field to attack. You can step on it with the AT field in tact no problem.
Amv@animazement.org

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:16 pm

I'm just gonna mention again (as I did in the last thread) that humans in the Gundam Universe didn't have Angels to contend with, so they didn't need all that hyper-advanced-disturbing technology that they had in Eva. So yea, the Gundam would really get it's behind whooped, especially coming straight out of it's own universe.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:51 am

well since the wing 0 has the advantage of flight I doubt that he could be stepped on with an AT field. And since the wing 0 has an advantage in distance fighting because of the acuracy that it has all he would have to do is wait for shinji to drop his AT field and fire, and even if shinji kept it up he wouldn't be able to get at wing 0, no matter how high he jumped.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:08 am

So then Misato would order Asuka to use her AT Field and bitch slap Heero back down to Earth. And that's all she wrote!

*Turns to audience* Am I right?
*Audience* Yeah!
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:35 pm

and then the white fand use their battle ship and blow up the planet, and thats all she wrote.

Return to “General Anime”