What do u think is the most popular japanise anime off all?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:10 am

hmmm, thunder cats and speed racer are the two oldest anime shows I can think of. Older than DBZ, older than dragon ball, older than voltron, older even than moble suit gundam. Well I guess you proved me wrong.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:52 am

I'd think that Lupin III would be very popular as well.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:18 am

he he he...
:?

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:08 am

actualy it's the Mysterius Cyties of Gold that ting is actualy on of the first japanice anime. I know it sound crazy but 2 weeks agow i saw it playing on tv and at the end i saw the credits well the names were japanice. This thing has been aired all over the world and translated in all most all lagushes in the world. I asked my friends mon and she told me that is was on off the first anime she saw on tv and the oldes playing on tv.
Dbz is nice and popular but this thing is even more and every one knows it.
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:04 am

Thundercats was american produced, produced for an american audience, and animated in Japan (was common back then).

What about Transformers? (There's a real limbo for those that know details about its background and origins, as far as "is it anime?" is concerned).

But my vote is simple. What anime has been around longest, second only to one series? Tetsuwan Atom/Astroboy!
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

professor_stampede
Org Profile

Post by professor_stampede » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:13 am

As Garylisk said, the current most popular anime in Japan is Doraemon. Of all time, however, that would be close run between Sazae-San and Gundam, I think. Both of those have had an amazing amount of things produced for them, with over 1000 episodes for Sazae-San and over 10 series for Gundam. However, if you are wondering what <i>otaku</i>-centered anime is the most popular of all time, Gundam. Hands down.

stormychef
Org Profile

Post by stormychef » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:49 am

RyanGlazner wrote:
stormychef wrote:I have to go with
Neon Genesis Evangelion
I find this one interesting. Why would you say it's the most popular? I haven't heard of it appearing on TV outside of Japan or being as publicised as the others mentioned. I'm not trying to say you're necessarily wrong, just wondering what your reasoning was in picking that one.
Well it appeared twice that I know of one Australian TV, as well as in New Zealand, don't know about everywhere, but in my travels I know alot of people who don't really watch anime or know of what anime is they watch cartoons and even the ones that aren't interested in either still have seen Evangelion. From Anime fans to the the not so interested it seems to be known, so I went with that as my choice. It also seems like for alot of people I know or have met or been in contact with it's the one that got them starting watching anime in the first place...:D

milfeulle_nyo
Org Profile

Post by milfeulle_nyo » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:06 pm

RyanGlazner wrote:
stormychef wrote:I have to go with
Neon Genesis Evangelion
I find this one interesting. Why would you say it's the most popular? I haven't heard of it appearing on TV outside of Japan or being as publicised as the others mentioned. I'm not trying to say you're necessarily wrong, just wondering what your reasoning was in picking that one.
Evangelion aired on San Fransisco TV ^^.

dbz or pokemon, like the other guy said. Hardly anyone (anime fan or not) is going to say "Dbz/Pokemon? I've never heard of it before..."

Gotenksisdabest
Org Profile

Post by Gotenksisdabest » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:11 pm

DB/Z/GT
Sailor moon
yu-gi-oh
digimon
and
pokemon

NOT that there good or anything.
"look at you, a tough little cookie and a righteous babe all in one "-gene starwind
"it is better to be the God of death than to be the hero of a massacre"-duo

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:55 pm

I vaugley remember that 7 citis of gold thing from when I was 5, I din't know anyone else even KNEW about that show.

Return to “General Anime”