D and Alucard

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

D and Alucard

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:49 pm

What do you think of the two comparitevly, who would win in a fight, who do you like more. You know the drill.
CaTaClYsM

Postby Schu no ko » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:19 pm

Wow, what a hard choice to make! Both are ultra cool and I'm practically obsessed with Hellsing right now and I was also listening to the VHD:Bloodlust soundtrack earlier.
So...goodness, both are awsome!

In a fight: Alucard. God, Alucard would win. I mean, he goes balistic when someone fighting against him is not a true, full vampire (Volume 2 of the manga...oi the blood...). So he has motivation to win the fight.

Who do I like better? Ummm...its a tie really. Alucard is amusing, cool and has a big gun. D is badass, beautifully designed...and dude. Left Hand rules.

D does, however, come off better in anime. That scene with the girl's grandaughter at the end of Bloodlust is one of the greatest scenes in an anime movie...ever.

In the Hellsing anime, while voiced perfectly, Alucard looses some of his tounge in cheek humor. It's still a great series, though.

VHD: Eye candy with deep, emotional plot
Hellsing: Eye candy with plot and lots of spiffy violence

I love them both.
"I am a luggage suitcase! I don't need a passport!"- Schuichi
Schu no ko

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:37 pm

but, in a fight did you remember to take into acount those ungodly power D whipped out at the end of vampire hunter D?
CaTaClYsM

Postby Schu no ko » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:41 pm

Yeah...you know the idea of an Alucard and D fight playing in my head right now. And it's been playing since I wrote that post...DAMN IT'S A COOL MENTAL IMAGE! :D
Schu no ko

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:49 pm

Maybe we should start a petition to have a crossover and watch them duel to the death. BTW, I saw Vampire Hunter D once. I remeber ungodly powers vaugely being whipped out at the end, but no specifics. What hapened exactly?
CaTaClYsM

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:52 pm

BTW I actaully like D more than Alucard since Alucard is a poor excuse of a good guy, I mean, his inferiority complex bugs me. If that MOOK Alexander had SILVER knives instead of the crapy ones he's using right now he would have killed alucard mid-series (but for script reasons the couldn't do that. I mean, it would make for a pretty short series wouldn't you say?)
CaTaClYsM

Postby afleetinghope » Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:34 pm

Alucard, I hated VHD. :p
afleetinghope

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:48 pm

well niether anime is PERFECT, its mostly based on opinions. But I think its safe to say they are not awful.
CaTaClYsM

Postby ZeWrestler » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:51 pm

thats a tough one. i think Alucard would be most likly the winnner.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:54 pm

I realy need to see VHD again.
CaTaClYsM

Postby Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:33 am

Alucard would kick the hell out of D three times before his decapitated skull hit the ground. Spoilers ahead, yadda yadda yadda.

D's power at the end of Vamp Hunter D was that his eyes started glowing blue, an aura appeared around him, and he killed the Count as he was recognized to be a Dracula.

Now, while I hold the theory that D is cool and all, a stake through the heart nearly killed him and he was lying helpless (his hand revived him with dirt and air, then he killed the myst monster thing). The count could bash him around a bit and the stupid candle paralized him (while the count shrugged it off). I imagine D has some kind of early DBZ Gohan-esque power to save his ass when he's getting owned, but can't call on it at will.

Alucard on the other hand was decapitated. He's been seen in the sunlight a few times (though it wasn't really direct). Blessed quicksilver in him top to bottom didn't help much. And he of course always has an ace up his sleeve. Every time he's remotely in trouble, he just releases another seal and goes uber.

I might have given D a chance at one point in time, but then Alucard just had to go off and release the seal at the end of the TV series (I haven't seen the manga yet and I'm not a fan of manga scans, so I'll buy the graphic novel when I can) and just prove once and for all that he's badass.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org
Kurai Seraphim

Postby CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:40 pm

need I remind you that alucard died? not 'almost died' like D did, but rigor mortis kicked the bucket dead. Alucard has his powers but he has all the same weaknesses that vamps do. Like I said eirlier if Alexander used silver knives then the series would have been over REAL quick. and D isn't pure vampire he's the son of dracula. And even though he can't use his godlike ownage powers at will they would definetly come into play in a fight with a guy who's name is dracula backwards.
CaTaClYsM

Postby Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:57 am

Well, I haven't seen VHD: Bloodlust, but at the end of VHD, D said he was not a Prince, or "the son of your God" is how he put it, I believe. Also, Alucard is just one spelling of it, I believe. jbone and some others said something about that name being used in many different venues, such as in a Castlevania game. I believe his real name is Arkard. BTW, when did he die? I mean sure, he was beaten for a moment, but that was because he had restrictions on his. Once those went bye-bye, D would be more toast than a loaf of bread in a fire.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby Professional 666 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:38 am

Alucard from Castlevania: Syphony of the Night was cool.
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/professional666/index.html">Six Sided Video</a>
Professional 666

Postby OmniStrata » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:36 am

Come on, Alucard.

D can't exactly take 10,000 bullets and turn his body into a sieve just so he can reform himself...

:P
OmniStrata

Next

Return to General Anime