Best Anime?

jennlicious
Org Profile

Best Anime?

Post by jennlicious » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Hey guys! So I've actually recently been recommended to anime by my friend, and now I guess I could say I'm sorta addicted! Since I started, I binge watched:
-Sword Art Online
-Yamada-kun
-Asterisk War

and I'm currently watching Maid-sama!

So do you guys have any recommendations of your favorite anime?

I guess I like rom coms and school life, but it'd be nice if you could comment your favorite anime below, also include a mini summary?

tysm!

-jenn <3

jt_x
Org Profile

Re: Best Anime?

Post by jt_x » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:34 am

ok so I'll start by listing my personal favorites and then I'll go into ones which are generally considered very good.

School Rumble
so School Rumble is a comedy. There's a romance background plot but that can mostly be ignored for the comedy. It also has some of the best characterizations IMO some of the characters are so fucking real and that's what makes the show work so well.

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
so this show is about a girl that got turned into a military weapon and she accidentally falls in love. Mostly romance/drama-ish kind of a sad story definitely worth checking out.

Haikyuu!!
this show has some great characters as well. They use sport as a background in this show but you don't need to care about sport. This show has such great characters that it works even if you hate sport which I do :D . if you know anything about MBTI just imagine an INTJ and an ESFP working together they make such a good team, it's like they took light-kun from Deathnote and Naruto from Naruto lol :rofl:

Prison School
if you're a female then there is a high likelihood that you would enjoy Prison School, according to a recent poll females are really enjoying the show. Probably cause the show has dozen of well written female characters. Gist of the Story is that a bunch of guys start attending a female only school. In the beginning they're trying to get out of this Prison and on the way they fall in love with multiple very well written female characters.

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
this show is about college life. pretty good show but kinda weird and confusing at times but definitely a great show.

Boku no Pico
so this show is greatly underrated and I admit that it's a bit slow in the beginning but once the action starts the show starts getting really good
definitely worth checking out.

these are just my personal favorites there some more general shows which are generally rated highly:

Durarara
The plot of this show is kinda hard to explain ... this show has many supernatural elements and it's also about gangs fighting it out.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
so this show is a must watch for every anime fan. This show at it's time tried to deconstruct some common Mecha anime tropes and cliches and
tries to criticize the whole Otaku culture which somehow backfired. Anyway a must-watch.

Death Note
so this show is about an INTJ who randomly finds a book which can kill anyone written in it. This INTJ then tries to reform the world by killing everyone who committed a crime. It's very funny and interesting if you like INTJs. Check out Code Geass too if you like INTJs it's pretty similar.

Toradora
this is a rom com but a pretty good one. It's like School Rumble if School Rumble focused on romantic.

Shingeki no Kyojin
this is a good action anime but very slow paced not sure if you're into it. The gist of the story is that Titans are attacking humans for some reason and humans trying to form a defense to these titans.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:20 pm

ok, going to say that most of the shows recommended above are good choices, however one of them is a trap (in every sense of the word). I highly recommend doing your research on each of those shows or else you're going to end up with some mental scaring heh (hint, google each of the shows and look for reaction videos, you'll quickly find the land mine).

If you're looking for school life/rom com's here are a couple of recommendations:

Gekkan shoujo nozoki-kun: This show is really funny, it's more of a comedy that makes fun of the tropes that normally occur in romance series.

Working! : This consists of 3 seasons, the real romance doesn't really occur until season 3 (better late than never). It's definitely in the wacky comedy area, but has a lot of lovable characters.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (The irregular at magic high school): There are a lot of shows about students attending magical highschools, this is one of the better ones, great action and a really badass main character who most people see as being weak but is actually completely overpowered.

Itazura na Kiss: Romance with a good bit of comedy added in. This is a very unusual show as it starts off as a highschool romance but actually continues through collage and finally into actual married life, all in a single extended anime season. This is probably my most recommended romance show as it doesn't get bogged down in drama and tends to stay pretty light hearted pretty much the whole time

Ore Monogatari!! (My Love Story!!): My second most recommended romance show, about a really manly and tough high schooler who wants romance but has given up because he's seen as too gorilla like by most girls, ends up finding love, extremely sweet story, you'll get diabetes watching it.

There are a bunch of others but these are a good start, if you decide to branch out into other genres feel free to ask

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 am

Jasta85 wrote:[...] however one of them is a trap (in every sense of the word). [...]
shit I've been found out :ying:

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 pm

It would be endless if we start from the beginning, so I'll just vote for the top three of my personal favorites for Winter 2016 anime airing this season! o//

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku ... Inai_Machi
The drama of the season for me, which is giving me the heartaches. A mystery/romance anime focused on time manipulation.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_ ... no_Grimgar
My guilty pleasure of the season! Group of friends being forced-sent to an MMO RPG enviroment which a heavy atmosphere and situation on hand. The struggles! QQ

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28391/Ao_n ... our_Rhythm
My happiness of the season! It's about circus competitions using special shoes. The adorableness is real here! :D

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:46 am

Guess I'll go a little more old school.... and because I could write novels on each I'll just leave the names and let you search them out.

Armitage III
Junni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms)
Robot Carnival
Roujin Z
Akira
Moon Phase
The Third: the Girl with the Azure Eye
Hatsu Inu
Iria: Zerham the Animation
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
The Wings on Honneamease
Future GPX Cyber Formula
Gunbuster
Gurren Lagan
Baccano
ImageImageImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:52 am

ngsilver wrote:Guess I'll go a little more old school.... and because I could write novels on each I'll just leave the names and let you search them out.

Armitage III
Junni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms)
Robot Carnival
Roujin Z
Akira
Moon Phase
The Third: the Girl with the Azure Eye
Hatsu Inu
Iria: Zerham the Animation
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
The Wings on Honneamease
Future GPX Cyber Formula
Gunbuster
Gurren Lagan
Baccano
Hatsu Inu? good pick for beginners :p

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:20 am

Jasta85 wrote:Hatsu Inu? good pick for beginners :p
It IS the greatest love story ever told. A show that should only be watched with the ones you love. <3 <3 <3
ImageImageImageImage

AlacrityAMV
Org Profile

Post by AlacrityAMV » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 am

- Clannad/Clannad: After Story
- Gurren Lagann
- Bakuman.
The start of season 2 is out!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Best at what?

Robots - Vandread.

Girls - Ichigo 100% & Shining Tears x Wind.

Stories we'd like to see come true - Tiny Fairy Sugar.

Un-Real Circumstances - Love Hina, RailGun, Girlz Und Panzers, To Love Ru, The Familiar of Zero, MagiKano.

Others, Yamada! lol, enough said there!

UnRealistic - Symphonia, Soro no Woto, Strawberry Eggs.

.. Anime is a World All Amongst Itself. Entertainment, Pleasure, Drama, Bizarre and Improper Behaviours; you name it, it's probably been made and/or released.

? Best at what?

Return to “General Anime”