Anime with internal struggles

infamous495
Org Profile

Anime with internal struggles

Post by infamous495 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi! I'm looking for animes that have characters reflecting on themselves/life's and their internal struggles. I'd prefer it to be more abstract and visually interesting then literal stagnant shots. For example I rather use from Neon Genesis Evangelionthe a shot of Asuka in a bath filled with blood then Shinji under a staircase looking sad. I had more examples of animes but i forgot all their names :( Anyway, animes like Bleach or Naruto where they have those shots of the main character inside their heads facing their demons might be useful but not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks and best wishes!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Anime with internal struggles

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:52 pm

How about serial experiments lain? If I remember correctly, there are scenes of Lain actually arguing with another Lain within her mind.

Revolutionary Girl Utena is also good for surreal imagery and plenty of character reflection.

Among more recent stuff I've seen, it doesn't get much more "abstract and visually interesting" than Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part III: Rebellion.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Anime with internal struggles

Post by seasons » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

I'd say Persona 4 but I really have no idea if any of that stuff could make any sense out of context.

Return to “General Anime”