Fall 2014 Anime charts

Jasta85
Org Profile

Fall 2014 Anime charts

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 am

http://livechart.me/fall
http://anichart.net/fall
http://www.moetron.com/2014/08/21/fall- ... ollection/

So, we are 2 weeks out from the beginning of the fall season, and there is some good stuff coming (so many returning series).

My "will definitely watch" list:
-Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - while I'm sad that they are not doing heaven's feel yet (and there is already an UBW movie) I'm still very happy to see anything type moon related, and the PV looks excellent, fate/zero quality animation. and heaven's feel has a PV out already so it's only a matter of time until we see it hehe. btw if they include another dragon/dolphin scene I'm going to flip a table.
-Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: It's being made by Trigger, and went on my "must see" list before I even read the description. If it's anything close to kill la kill in quality then this will be awsome.
-Log Horizon 2nd Series: Enjoyed the first one quite a bit, the closest that an anime has come to actually properly representing an MMORPG.
-Psycho-Pass 2: First series was great, just really depressing. I have a feeling the 2nd season won't be much different, will be watching.
-Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle - First season was enjoyable, nice setting and decent characters, looking forward to season 2
-Kiseijuu: It's madhouse, i typically check out all their stuff even though they are hit or miss. anyway, monster parasites sounds pretty cool

"Interested in" list:
-Garo: Honoo no Kokuin: Never heard of it before but the art looks pretty good and the concept could be pretty interesting. Will check out
-Selector Spread WIXOSS: first season wasn't really anything special, basically a Puella Madoka types series just with playing cards. Will watch season 2 just because the first season ended so inconclusively.
-Amagi Brilliant Park: PV and concept look fun, and I need some comedy next season

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2014 Anime charts

Post by mirkosp » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 am

Will watch:
FSN UBW: Based ufotable, no DEEN BS anymore.
Log Horizon S2: DATABASE DATABASE JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE WOW WOW
PP S2: Though I dunno what they'll do... terrible feeling it'll be disappointing cowmilking.
Amagi Brilliant Park: might be KyoAni's first good thing since... Haruhi movie? But just maybe, it could be bad regardless.
Mushishi Zoku Shou S2: gonna be AOTY anyway.

Might watch:
Frankly a lot of stuff, including Calimero (don't judge ;;), Ronja (honestly Goro isn't as good as his father but I might give him a chance), and many others, but we'll see depending on how much time I'll have to watch animu.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:39 am

I'll watch the first eps and then decide on what to focus. Definitely I'll check out the Sci-Fi Stuff und the School Comdey/Shojo stuff.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Really liking the way they've done Unlimited Blade works, it's keeping pretty faithful to the VN so far, even the conversations pretty closely follow the game. Probably going to be my top series of the season although I hope to be surprised by some of the other ones

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 pm

not to interested in anything this season
may check out Amagi Brilliant Park
just gonna catch up on last seasons stuff

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:56 pm

So far I've seen Denki-Gai no Honya-san and Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken. Both are interesting to say the least and I may potentially follow them or finish them once they are done airing.
ImageImageImageImage

Ardamaeus
Shut-in Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Ardamaeus » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm

What I'm watching: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ardama ... =1&order=0

Too much animu this season, I don't have time for this :sweat:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:13 am

Man I am seriously loving Unlimited Blade Works, been a couple years since I played through the VN but the conversations are definitely nostalgic. Really happy they have stuck to the full story line with pretty much all the scenes and conversations intact as far as I can remember.

Aside from that, the parasite series is pretty good so far, has some funny moments and some disturbing ones as well, but overall excellent production values

Terra Formers is kind of depressing to watch, simply because people have been dropping like flies since it started and their situation pretty much seems hopeless, not to mention just about all the action scenes have ridiculous censoring, if that continues I may just wait for the uncensored version to come out before finishing the series because in a few cases I literally couldn't even tell what was happening, there was just a blank screen and the sound of bodies being smashed.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is pretty good, unfortunately not quite as hilarious or awesome as kill la kill (that's a really high bar they set with that series) but definitely a Trigger production.

Have not really gotten into the other series yet but will catch up on them in the next couple of weeks

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:08 am

Will watch :
- Shingeki no Bahamut: first episode was awesome! Its production value may be the highest this season, and (since Fate/UBW is airing this says a lot)
- Garo: kinda reminds me of Berserk
- other than that, all the seasons 2 mentioned above: Fate, Psycho Pass, Log Horizon, Chaika, and Mushishi.

Interested in:
- Kiseijuu: because madhouse.
- Shigatsu wa kimi no uso: because I need more romance after Ao no Ride.
- Amagi Brilliant Park: yeah, this Amagi Park concept is brillant .... --> []

If got any time left, might try to watch:
- Inou-Battle: though it's definitely not a kill-la-kill-like, first episode was fun.
- Ushinawareta: this kind of romance/drama feels a bit deja-vu, but doesn't mean it is not good. After 1 episode I'd like to see more.
- and some few other (Akatsuki no Yona, World trigger, ,

Man, so many series this season ... and even the ones in my last category seems at least a bit interesting. I'll probably end up following more than 10 series ... am I becoming a hardcore otaku or what ?

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 am

I was only expecting to watch Danna ga, Chaika 2, Shirobako, and SegaHard, but also picked up Amagi, FSN, Inou Battle, and Parasyte.

Also watching Ookami Shoujo and Nanatsu no Taizai out of curiosity, but with Nanatsu, I was expecting something completely different, but now for some reason I cannot look away, possibly out of morbid curiosity, though in the end, I believe I'm going to be let down horribly (kind of like with Glasslip, but for a different reason).

Also picking up Terra Formers at the moment to see how it is, and would like to pick up Psycho Pass 2, but I still need to watch the first season, which I plan to do after finishing Welcome to the NHK.
Under Construction

Return to “General Anime”