Decent anime channel

peterpetrelli
Org Profile

Decent anime channel

Post by peterpetrelli » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:02 pm

I feel like this does a good job of making it seem like you're still watching anime on TV - but it's internet content so not subject to the same horrible edits. For some strange reason, I really like the concept of channels and shows, even if it is, ultimately, on demand internet content... http://pluto.tv/#!&channel=Anime

varthshenon
Org Profile

Re: Decent anime channel

Post by varthshenon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Blocked on my country :cry:

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 am

I don't think I ever watched more than one or two episodes of pokemon on TV. Why would you even want to watch stuff on TV if you have the Internet?
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Shui wrote:I don't think I ever watched more than one or two episodes of pokemon on TV. Why would you even want to watch stuff on TV if you have the Internet?
I'm old fashioned, but I still like the idea of waiting for an episode to air and then watch it at the same time as many other people while it's airing. Sometimes I'll even keep the smartphone around and live-comment with my friends through whatsapp, if that makes any sense to you. That's something that doesn't quite feel the same when I'm watching on-demand content.
Moreover, with on-demand content, I'll often just be like "eh, I can just watch this later" and eventually forget about the show entirely, whereas with shows I follow on TV, I'll set the alarm clock to remind me about it so I don't forget and don't miss the thing... but this one's just me. :sweat:

Anyway, as far as on demand anime content goes, over here in Italy there have been more legal solutions as of lately; I can list VVVVID and PopcornTV off the top of my head, but there have been a couple of official YouTube channels as well with actual content on them. Things are looking nice for anime on the 'net over here.
But I'll still keep up with shows on TV, some stuff only airs there ─ the dub for Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna recently aired on TV, for instance, and might not even make it to the home video.

peterpetrelli
Org Profile

Post by peterpetrelli » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 am

I find that it's a matter of choice. When the choices are overwhelming - like the whole internet is in front of me - anything on YouTube instantly available - I just don't know what to choose. Having a website (like AMV) or a programming app (like Pluto.TV) recommend or curate content for me means that I spend less time sifting through garbage that I don't want to watch.

Return to “General Anime”