Summer 2014 anime chart

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Re: Summer 2014 anime chart

Post by Bollocks » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Whilst I wouldn't call it outright bad, it was certainly one of the least interesting things I've ever seen. It was literally just 23 minutes of forced pleasantness and 1 minute of a strained metaphor involving chickens. I can't understand anyone finding it at all engaging, to be honest. The only significant affect it had on me was reducing my faith in PA Works significantly, as it looks like Hanasaku Iroha will remain their only decent show for now.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 pm

MouseBollocks wrote:The only significant affect it had on me was reducing my faith in PA Works significantly, as it looks like Hanasaku Iroha will remain their only decent show for now.
Have you not seen Nagi no Asukara? Because honestly it tops Hanasaku Iroha imho.

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:14 am

mirkosp wrote:
MouseBollocks wrote:The only significant affect it had on me was reducing my faith in PA Works significantly, as it looks like Hanasaku Iroha will remain their only decent show for now.
Have you not seen Nagi no Asukara? Because honestly it tops Hanasaku Iroha imho.
Saw first few episodes, and it didn't grab me in the slightest. I've heard from just about everyone that it gets really good around the halfway point, but that's a commitment, and I've got a huge pile of other stuff to watch.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Tokyo Ghoul was the tits. Picking this one up for sure. I read the first 2 or 3 chapters after watching it and they changed (or removed, or rearranged) quite a bit, but every scene they removed didn't harm the plot too much.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am

Tier 1:
Sword Art Online II
Sailor Moon Crystal
Himegoto
Hanamonogatari (although I have to finish the rest of Second Season first)
Ano Natsu de Matteru OVA
Nozo x Kimi

Tier 2:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Momokyun Sword
Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha!?
Tokyo ESP
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!
Aldnoah.Zero

Tier 2 is all jumbled since none of the descriptions/images really grabbed me (and I still haven't watched the first season of Prisma Illya).
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

surprisingly, the series I'm enjoying the most is Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Thought it was just going to be a typical shoujo romance but it actually makes fun of those more than anything. it's got some pretty funny moment that actually had me chuckling a number of times, very enjoyable. I'm not much into romance series but I'm definitely up for romantic comedy, especially if it's got good comedy.

Return to “General Anime”