Gantz Manga

Blueblooded
Org Profile

Gantz Manga

Post by Blueblooded » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:42 am

I just finished watching the Gantz anime and I really enjoyed it.. which is to say it was sad and tough to watch but I still connected with it. Anyways the last few episodes felt off and the conclusion wasn't all that satisfying. I'm looking to read the manga (a first for me) as I understand it is still ongoing. Should I read it from the beginning or start at a certain point? Have those of you that have read past the anime series ending enjoy it?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Gantz Manga

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Read it from the beginning, the anime is pretty good but in almost every series I have watched/read the original manga is always better than the anime (although there have a been a few exceptions.) The manga is also differs from the anime in a number of parts (especially past the part where they fight the statues, as in the entire ending of the anime is different from the manga).

The anime roughly covers chaps 1-90 so read through those and you can skim over parts you are really familiar with if you want. btw, the series is something like 366 chapters by now and still ongoing, so you got plenty of material.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Gantz Manga

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm

The Gantz manga is godly. Read it and love it.

Return to “General Anime”