Little Busters! anime

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Little Busters! anime

Post by mirkosp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:07 am

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=423315

Bwahaha, J.C.Staff! This surely will be interesting, let's see how bad it will turn out!

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:36 pm

<_<
I'm kinda disappointed because the animation will probably suck in compare to some other studios. But they can actually make good romance/dama/slice of life, so I suppose it's ok. The staff seems a bit odd though:uhoh:

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:45 pm

J.C Staff may not be the best in animation but they sure as hell think about what they're doing compared to most studios.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:24 am

J.C. Staff have done some of the worst anime adaptations, too, and the director behind this is the same one which directed "Kill Me Baby!" which quite frankly was one of the worst anime of the past season.
I'm already heavily biased against Little Busters since by now I got very tired of Maeda Jun's stories and characters, since they are always the same thing. I liked Kanon, I thought Air was okay-ish, Clannad was already overdoing the same thing and I got tired, but now they'll animate this too. And the ones animating it are worse than KyoAni in both technical qualities and direction. I hope this is not going to turn out well, and I would be entirely satisfied if that ends up being the case, because people just need to realize that as long as we encourage rehashing the same exact thing, we won't be getting any better show, and anime is going to die out due to being too stale, which it already is. It's not bad to like harem shows or moeblob or other common things, but it is bad to force the market to just make those since they are the only things with an audience that end up selling something. There are good shows out there which ended up being completely ignored just because they were made by lesser known studios or somehow went under the radar since they weren't the usual thing and people didn't see any "uguu kawaii bishoujo" in it.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:33 am

mirkosp wrote:J.C. Staff have done some of the worst anime adaptations
All their action/magic related animes was crap, that's true. But if you only take, the romance/slice of life anime, you can see they did some good adaptations too. For exemple, I'll never read a manga like kimi to boku, though the anime turned to be quite amusing to watch. It would probably have been better if it was done by another studio, but in this field they are not that bad too. And there's many other exemple (hatsukoi, honey and clover, etc.). Technical qualities apart, i'm always quite satisfied by their animes. And I really prefer this than some moeblob, or bad comedy/slice of life by KyoAni, that would have definitely ended up being overquoted :awesome: . And at least, it probably won't look like the other adpatations of maeda jun's stories.
I really don't think JC deserve the bad reputation they got just because of A certain shakugan no tsukaima :uhoh: (even though i'm big fan of the to aru series)
But, this time i don't know why they didn't choose a better staff for this <_< but well I'll just wait to watch before judging them(they all did stuff i liked, so maybe it can be better than what i'm expecting).

And the worst anime adaptations I watched was not done by JC, but more by studios like Studio deen, Gonzo, Zexcs ...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 am

Yes, truthfully both DEEN and Gonzo are much worse than J.C. Staff, but still, J.C. is not quite the best around, especially since KyoAni has mantained a consistently high profile under the technical side with the Key anime adaptations so far (fisheyes aside). We'll see what happens, but I don't see myself praising the show.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:37 am

mirkosp wrote:thought Air was okay-ish
I should probably go back and watch Air. I remember one thing with the TV was how short the Summer Heian arc was compared to how long it was in the vn.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:13 am

Yea director does not inspire confidence. Interesting choice for the writer though. Maybe the story won't be handled as badly as recent JC stuff.

Return to “General Anime”