NEW EUREKA SEVEN ANIME!

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: NEW EUREKA SEVEN ANIME!

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

The_TEKnician wrote: WTH? I don't remember that! :book:
Yeah when Axel and the kids go to see the moon in the last episode it pans by a sign that says 'Renton Thurston Hope Park' in Japanese. Bandai didn't translate it when they dubbed it, but Nanashi translated it when they fansubbed it.
No, no...My theory is:

When people die and their bodies deteriorate into the earth (which is a mass of solidified Coralians, BTW) their conscience gets absorbed into the Coralians as well. Thus, Arata can speak to coralians and humans within that consciousness. Make sense? I highly doubt that Bones would go towards the spiritistic-type as they have already scientifically explained so much in the last series.

Still...it's just a hypothesis :book:
Ohh, I gotcha. Interesting; though I wouldn't be surprised if it was merely the religion that the Yuta power came from. Yuta is apprently derived from Ryukyuan religion, and remember how important they made the Voderac religion in the show? Maybe its like a branch from Voderac this time through, or a new religion based on Voderac teachings (since they believed the land was going to bring death and destruction to humanity for all they had done except those who worshipped under them).

Further info:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... y-outlined
I think 'Secret' sounds kind of lame, but my one friend had a pretty cool theory for the plot of AO.
Here's a thought: Didn't Rention and Eureka say they were going to a new world or something like that at the end? (My memory's hazy) WHAT IF OUR PLANET IS THAT WORLD.

If that's the case, then the new series makes perfect sense that it takes place on "our planet" and that Renton and Eureka are Ao's parents. Let's say Renton was trying to go back to his world and disappeared, and then the military found out about Eureka (possibly deeming her an "alien") and took her away? THIS ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE GUYS.

I'm trademarking this prediction.

(It would make a bit more sense if we were going with the manga continuity, though, since at the end of that the ocean magically appeared and we could assume that many years later "our world" came to be.)

EDIT: another out there prediction: "Secret" is actually the Scub trying to get their way into our world.

WAIT A MINUTE.

ISN'T THE MOVIE CONTINUITY ALSO "OUR PLANET?"

I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I'M PREDICTING HERE.

EDIT 2: OMG OMG OMG OMG

YOU KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE?

WHERE RENTON AND EUREKA ARE ALONE ON SOME PLANET?

assuming it's not the "this is where you go when you die" planet...

DO YOU SEE WHERE I'M GETTING AT HERE?

This post better be seen on AO's "I Knew It!" tvtropes entry...
To which I replied:
=O So you're saying that the Scubs are gonna try and get into the Promised Land/the real Earth (There's a few Scubs left so it can be assumed that half of the Scubs Earth still lies above and probably now all over the Promised Land/real Earth. HMM!)
And Ao would be the example of the evolution between human and Coralian, right? Secret's attack could also bring the other half of the Scubs back from the AU (like signal fire) and then they'll also see Ao. Secret could either be a let's-revive-Dewey's-ideal-because-we-love-that-crazy-badass or the Scubs themselves, manipulating the project of Secret. It would still be signal fire either way!

Something's gonna happen between the Scubs and Ao.

And its gonna be SWEET.

EDIT: Wait do you mean that the Scubs tried to overtake the AU world after the series and they're doing the exact same thing in this sequel? I mean they'd all have the same goal, right? All that really needs to happen in the end is for them to witness the evolution between human and Coralian, so Ao has to do something awesome.

EDIT 2: AND IF ALL THE SCUBS COME BACK THEY MIGHT TRY TO TAKE AO AS THE CONTROL CLUSTER. SHIIII-
So the Scubs coming down to the Promised Land would be interesting and certainly not unheard of. After all, if Eureka gets kidnapped, the Scubs are still going to show hostility.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

EkaCoralian's friend wrote:YOU KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE?

WHERE RENTON AND EUREKA ARE ALONE ON SOME PLANET?
That was OUR planet (given the snow moon flower blooming at the end). I'm kinda getting lost in your friend's prediction. :book:

This "Secret" Entity may just be the thing that I needed to further my own super-thesis:
Spoiler :
THE CORALIANS NATURAL PREDATOR HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THEM.
I...NEED...MORE...SCREENSHOTS!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm

I want to think she just meant the Scubs (or 'Image/EIZO') were trying to do the same thing she's explaining for her speculation on AO's plot, pff.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Someone found a RAW page from the manga that got released yesterday; I've no idea if any scanlators have picked it up yet.
Hey, who could that be in the bottom left panel? /shot
Spoiler :
Some people are speculating why she doesn't have her wings there too. On one hand they could've retracted; her green arm went back to normal by the last episode, so its entirely possible. She could also have folded her wings in really well and they're just under her shirt (though you'd see bulk). Either way, if she's the being who was taken hostage a number of years ago, I can see why she wouldn't want to show her wings in public, pff.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 am

That little kid is Ao. I can only read katakana and hiragana, but I saw the "A" character and "O" in conjunction in a lone speech bubble, so i can only assume that this mystery girl is referring to the boy.
Spoiler :
EkaCoralian wrote:if she's the being who was taken hostage a number of years ago, I can see why she wouldn't want to show her wings in public, pff.
Wait...is this a continuation of where the SERIES left off or the MOVIE? I would think that Eureka just wants to be a normal girl after all that craziness she went through for 4 seasons.

And on that note...she's still kinda short. Since coralians don't age (remember Sakuya) maybe she's stuck in this physical form (remember, she was alive before Renton came into the picture). Well, there goes my shattered dream of seeing a taller Eureka.

And WHYYYY IS SHE ALONE IN THIS SCENE? :uhoh: Oh, please god, no...dont tell me...

The close-up of a bracelet...looking up into the sky...holding her arm...talking to herself...

:shock:

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 am

I don't have enough background to get everything right, but a rough translation:

1: One isn't enough?
2: Ao,
3: this is an extremely dangerous thing,
4: but when Anmaa (?) has passed on
5: there may be a way to use this.
6: Remember that.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:35 am

The_TEKnician wrote:Wait...is this a continuation of where the SERIES left off or the MOVIE? I would think that Eureka just wants to be a normal girl after all that craziness she went through for 4 seasons.

And on that note...she's still kinda short. Since coralians don't age (remember Sakuya) maybe she's stuck in this physical form (remember, she was alive before Renton came into the picture). Well, there goes my shattered dream of seeing a taller Eureka.

And WHYYYY IS SHE ALONE IN THIS SCENE? :uhoh: Oh, please god, no...dont tell me...

The close-up of a bracelet...looking up into the sky...holding her arm...talking to herself...

:shock:
According to news reports, E7: AO is a direct continuation to the anime series; soo... she /should/ have wings. She's still got the green jewel on her forehead, anyways. I do believe however that the manga is likely going to veer off in its own direction after a few volumes, just like E7's first manga did.

Yeah either something happened to Renton or he was just out and about when she was talking with Ao.
... ;_;

And :D thanks uncreative!
2: Ao,
3: this is an extremely dangerous thing,
4: but when Anmaa (?) has passed on
5: there may be a way to use this.
6: Remember that.
Ok, really not sure who this 'Anmaa' is that she's referring to (trying to think if it sounds similar to any names from the first series here...) but I bet that whole bit she's talking about will relate to Naru because
Spoiler :
she has the ability to speak to the dead.
Not sure how the bracelet's involved though; it does something that would probably help Naru out in that area, but then why would Eureka have it, right?
Somanyquestions.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Anma? I thought that symbol was "so". Asoma sounds better. Well, the character for "so" and "n" look too much alike:

ン and ソ

Perhaps "passed on" could refer to people crossing over into the universe where the other half of the coralians went off to? Which kinda ties in to my first assumption:
I wrote:When people die and their bodies deteriorate into the earth (which is a mass of solidified Coralians, BTW) their conscience gets absorbed into the Coralians as well. Thus, Arata can speak to coralians and humans within that consciousness.
God, speculating is addicting... :uhoh:

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:Perhaps "passed on" could refer to people crossing over into the universe where the other half of the coralians went off to?
For what it's worth, I used that expression because the Japanese uses a phrase that serves as a way of talking about dying without saying it outright. A more literal translation would be "become no more."
And yeah, ソ and ン are a bit confusing, but I'm about 100% sure that's an ン.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 pm

According to a scanlation, its apparently 'Mama'. ... xD

Anyways Chapter 1's gotten fully scanlated and released online.

My thoughts:
Spoiler :
1. The art is not of the same calibur as the original manga, character designs (or even the novels art for that matter) but its not TERRIBLE. I think they Ao's mangaka did a great job drawing the new Nirvash; I think if we have more mechs, they'll be drawn nicely.
Where his art lacks to me is the facial expressions, to be honest. Even when he's trying to be comical and give Ao and Naru funny angry faces, it just doesn't look good.
If anyone looks panicked, the art lacks.
If anyone looks disturbed, it lacks.
I think this'll really improve over time, though. I have a feeling.

2. We have a name for the Raccoon Sloth! Noah, who's forest was unfortunately burned. I already have a decent amount of feels for this little guy.

3. Ao's grandpappy Fukai looks A LOT like Axel.
And with him looking at the picture 'n' all... obviously he has some connection to Eureka. My worst fear is that its Renton, no joke. Eureka ages weirdly, its not impossible.
(I'm pretty sure they covered Eureka's eyes because of Ao's vague memory of his mother, similar to how Renton remembered Diane).

4. Black haired guy with some facial hair just screams Holland and Talho's kid to me. Just screams it. I'd like to get to know him more; a lot more. For now there's so little info on the guy. :\

5. I like Naru for the most part. Kinda generic, but -mneh-

6. I'm not a fan of the new 'G Monsters.' They look ugly, the name is dumb, and they remind me way too much of these things:
Some people may have been like 'OH HEY EVA'; nope, I got Tron vibes first. xD And even Tron Recognizers are cooler than G-Monsters.

7. Um, plot was really generic... but I'll forgive it, because that's like how E7 started.
I really do miss the trapars, ref-boarding and all of the mechs, however.
I guess the mech archetypes were hidden and forgotten because the use of trapars was no longer needed/didn't exist because half of the scubs went away.
But... Nirvash /DID/ use its giant ref board in the fight, if only for a second. It didn't ref, but it emerged from the ocean as if it was surfing.

Really interesting, if the mangaka is going to go for the idea of actually surfing/gliding over water with the boosters mainly fueling it.

But yeah,
I seriously miss reffing like crazy.

I'll keep reading, but I'll look forward to episode 1 of the anime. Also I don't think Granpappy Fukai is dead. Naru isn't, anyways.

Return to “General Anime”