New Berserk anime!!!

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

New Berserk anime!!!

Postby DarkXPower » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:46 pm

I finally have something to live for again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoM8NUUgI74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7yNfRae4U

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... rical-film

"The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga"

YES!!!!!!
Otaku Vengeance: Pushing adrenaline fueled AMV's since 2000
DarkXPower

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Enigma » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

afk crying in joy
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Jasta85 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

wow, haven't visited the site in like 4 months and this is the first post I see, there is a god after all

PLEASE let it stick to the story this time, there are too many awesome scenes to leave anything out
Jasta85

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:52 pm

ZOMG!!!!!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby dakotasapphire » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 am

Yey!!! I love berserk! I'm so happy! :)
dakotasapphire

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:55 pm

THE ENTIRE STORY.

\o/
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm

well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

I'm wonder how graphic they will go (considering like half the main characters in the series get raped at one time or another lol)
Jasta85

Postby guy07 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:50 am

Jasta85 wrote:well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

I'm wonder how graphic they will go (considering like half the main characters in the series get raped at one time or another lol)

What he said. This could be really cool or totally suck. The animation quality seems pretty good from what I saw, but what the hell did they do to Griffith? He looked a bit feminine before but now he looks like a tranny! I really enjoyed the series and am still reading the manga but I'm not sure if the new adaptation will be that good ... if they screw it up I'm gonna shoot somebody.
Also, not saying I'm a Berserk maniac, but I am getting the 'hell brand' tattooed on my neck or chest. :nose:
guy07

Postby irriadin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:32 am

guy07 wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

What he said. This could be really cool or totally suck. The animation quality seems pretty good from what I saw, but what the hell did they do to Griffith? He looked a bit feminine before but now he looks like a tranny! I really enjoyed the series and am still reading the manga but I'm not sure if the new adaptation will be that good ... if they screw it up I'm gonna shoot somebody.
Also, not saying I'm a Berserk maniac, but I am getting the 'hell brand' tattooed on my neck or chest. :nose:

I'd be more careful where you sleep after marking yourself as a demonic sacrifice! :P

Griffith has always looked very feminine. It goes in keeping with the Japanese idea that the "prettier" a man is, the closer he looks to a woman. First time I saw the manga covers, I thought Griffith was female!
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby guy07 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 am

I'll keep that in mind lol
guy07

Postby guy07 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Got the tattoo. Pictures to follow.

Spoiler :
It's badass. :twisted:
guy07

Postby Warheart » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I was so stoked when I found about this. Definitely haven't looked forward to an anime like that after finishing the Freedom OVA. Hope they don't screw things up. :)
Warheart

Postby kenisama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:43 pm

I keep meaning to watch this series, should I just wait for the movies?
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
kenisama

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 pm

kenisama wrote:I keep meaning to watch this series, should I just wait for the movies?

I suggest reading the manga, skipping the series, and waiting for the OVA's.

If you absolutely must watch the series, do it before you read the manga, or it will be a huge disappointment. I watched the series first, thought it had a cool beginning, boring middle, and totally WTF ending. Wasn't till I read the manga that I realized how they left out just about everything that was awesome in the series and for some reason just stuck all the boring back stories and politics in
Jasta85

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm so excited for this. I can finally get a few friends who are hesitant to start reading yet another long manga series into Berserk after all.
Banner made by Rider4Z
Haus Haberdasher

Return to General Anime