New Berserk anime!!!

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.
User avatar
DarkXPower
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2000 8:43 pm
Location: Philly
Contact:
Org Profile

New Berserk anime!!!

Postby DarkXPower » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:46 pm

I finally have something to live for again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoM8NUUgI74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7yNfRae4U

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... rical-film

"The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga"

YES!!!!!!
Otaku Vengeance: Pushing adrenaline fueled AMV's since 2000

User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Status: Free
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Enigma » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

afk crying in joy

User avatar
Jasta85
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:33 am
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Jasta85 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

wow, haven't visited the site in like 4 months and this is the first post I see, there is a god after all

PLEASE let it stick to the story this time, there are too many awesome scenes to leave anything out

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Castor Troy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:52 pm

ZOMG!!!!!
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
dakotasapphire
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:57 pm
Status: Making a come back amv.
Location: washington
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby dakotasapphire » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 am

Yey!!! I love berserk! I'm so happy! :)

User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:04 am
Status: 3D
Location: The Laboratory
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:55 pm

THE ENTIRE STORY.

\o/

User avatar
Jasta85
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:33 am
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm

well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

I'm wonder how graphic they will go (considering like half the main characters in the series get raped at one time or another lol)

User avatar
guy07
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:28 pm
Status: Back in beard.
Location: T.O.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby guy07 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:50 am

Jasta85 wrote:well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

I'm wonder how graphic they will go (considering like half the main characters in the series get raped at one time or another lol)

What he said. This could be really cool or totally suck. The animation quality seems pretty good from what I saw, but what the hell did they do to Griffith? He looked a bit feminine before but now he looks like a tranny! I really enjoyed the series and am still reading the manga but I'm not sure if the new adaptation will be that good ... if they screw it up I'm gonna shoot somebody.
Also, not saying I'm a Berserk maniac, but I am getting the 'hell brand' tattooed on my neck or chest. :nose:

User avatar
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm
Status: I fight for my friends
Location: Los Angeles, California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby irriadin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:32 am

guy07 wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:well considering the manga isn't even done yet it can't show the whole story, then again, if it is sticking to the source material they'll have plenty of time to let the manga finish (if it ever does that is).

I'm wonder how graphic they will go (considering like half the main characters in the series get raped at one time or another lol)

What he said. This could be really cool or totally suck. The animation quality seems pretty good from what I saw, but what the hell did they do to Griffith? He looked a bit feminine before but now he looks like a tranny! I really enjoyed the series and am still reading the manga but I'm not sure if the new adaptation will be that good ... if they screw it up I'm gonna shoot somebody.
Also, not saying I'm a Berserk maniac, but I am getting the 'hell brand' tattooed on my neck or chest. :nose:


I'd be more careful where you sleep after marking yourself as a demonic sacrifice! :P

Griffith has always looked very feminine. It goes in keeping with the Japanese idea that the "prettier" a man is, the closer he looks to a woman. First time I saw the manga covers, I thought Griffith was female!

User avatar
guy07
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:28 pm
Status: Back in beard.
Location: T.O.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby guy07 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 am

I'll keep that in mind lol

User avatar
guy07
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:28 pm
Status: Back in beard.
Location: T.O.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby guy07 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Got the tattoo. Pictures to follow.

Spoiler :
It's badass. :twisted:

User avatar
Warheart
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:58 am
Status: Immersed
Location: In Fiction
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Warheart » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I was so stoked when I found about this. Definitely haven't looked forward to an anime like that after finishing the Freedom OVA. Hope they don't screw things up. :)

User avatar
kenisama
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:25 am
Status: Ahh Yeah!!!
Location: All Around the World and Back
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby kenisama » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:43 pm

I keep meaning to watch this series, should I just wait for the movies?
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

User avatar
Jasta85
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:33 am
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 pm

kenisama wrote:I keep meaning to watch this series, should I just wait for the movies?


I suggest reading the manga, skipping the series, and waiting for the OVA's.

If you absolutely must watch the series, do it before you read the manga, or it will be a huge disappointment. I watched the series first, thought it had a cool beginning, boring middle, and totally WTF ending. Wasn't till I read the manga that I realized how they left out just about everything that was awesome in the series and for some reason just stuck all the boring back stories and politics in

User avatar
Haus Haberdasher
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Flying so high on homemade pillow wings
Org Profile

Re: New Berserk anime!!!

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm so excited for this. I can finally get a few friends who are hesitant to start reading yet another long manga series into Berserk after all.
Image
Banner made by Rider4Z


Return to “General Anime”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests