how will the earthquake affect anime/manga releases?

Jasta85
Org Profile

how will the earthquake affect anime/manga releases?

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 pm

This post is not meant to make light of or tone down the seriousness of the earthquake. It's a horrible thing. but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the scheduled and forecasted anime/manga releases will continue to be released regularly or will be put on temporary hold while rebuilding goes on. I knew the coastal areas got hit the hardest, I'm not sure how hard Tokyo or the main distribution hubs have been affected (other than financially due to the hit the economy in general will take). Anyone know anything of this?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: how will the earthquake affect anime/manga releases?

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 pm

[Mod note: several posts above removed]

i'm asking because in a few weeks i'm going to be deployed to the middle east for a year to help pull my fellow soldiers out of iraq. after that i will probably be going straight to afghanistan. i dont know if i will have internet beyond email so i was trying to see whether i would be able to finish the current seasons that are ongoing or if they would be delayed and i would have to wait a year to catch up on them. thanks for caring

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Ok, honestly, the question was rational and as far as I can see, worded sensitively enough - and posted in the appropriate forum. Please tone down the attacks, dokool. Noone appointed you to speak on behalf of Japan, particularly when the question is worded politely and in the right section. This is an anime forum - if you don't want to hear or talk about anime right now, don't participate.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm sorry but no. diaf.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Otohiko wrote:Ok, honestly, the question was rational and as far as I can see, worded sensitively enough
I disagree, I think anyone with common sense understands that anime is Japan's lowest priority, and OP has admitted that he's only asking for selfish reasons.

Most of eastern Japan won't be getting their anime because of blackouts tonight, selfish foreigners can wait a bit.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:39 pm

WTF IS THIS WE WANNA WATCH NARUTO.

I AM LOST WITHOUT MADOKA MAGICA.

Hey, is that TV working? Doraemon's on in a few minutes!

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Jasta85 wrote:This post is not meant to make light of or tone down the seriousness of the earthquake. It's a horrible thing. but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the scheduled and forecasted anime/manga releases will continue to be released regularly or will be put on temporary hold while rebuilding goes on. I knew the coastal areas got hit the hardest, I'm not sure how hard Tokyo or the main distribution hubs have been affected (other than financially due to the hit the economy in general will take). Anyone know anything of this?
Anime News Network has all of the up-to-date info concerning the anime, manga, and game industry fallout right now. Click here for the info on manga, anime, and game events cancelled or postponed, and click here for the information concerning the various actors, authors, and businesses that are reporting in.

Question answered, so thread locked.

UPDATE: Here is the recently-published list of specific anime and manga releases delayed.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “General Anime”