All at once or just one at a time?

Adv1sor
Org Profile

All at once or just one at a time?

Post by Adv1sor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 am

get your mind out of the gutter

I'm watching Bakuman. I just finished HS of the Dead. And I've watched other series as they've been released.

I've also devoted weekends to watching and re-watching entire series all in one sitting.

The impact of watching a series in one sitting is great. I can lose myself in the anime and take on the entire story, from start to finish. It's a great way to experience good anime. Of course, on the down side, you have to give up a big chunk of time and, of course, you have to wait for the entire series to be available (if it's something new). I have to admit, I've never waited...

So, what's your preference? All at once or just one at a time?

TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: All at once or just one at a time?

Post by TEKnician » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Watch ONE all at once from start to end then another one L8tr. If it be new, whenever a new on comes out, watch the two preceding episodes before you see the new one so as to make it feel more fluent. :shock:

I watched Eureka Seven from start to end three times. I have also seen Immortal Grand Prix from start to end (but only once). :book:

I actually prefer anime that don't run on forever (like Bleach, Naruto, and ESPECIALLY One Piece).
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm

I always watch my anime whenever i buy it, don't like getting an episode and waiting another week for the next one.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

I like to grab entire series and watch them over the course of a weekend or over a week after work. I stopped following long active series (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto) about 3 years ago and could never really stand following a standard 13-episode season on a week-to-week mode. My media center is littered with the first couple of episodes of shows that groups dropped or had pulled. Need to clean all that up when I get a chance actually... Finishing shows also helps with keeping focused on plots - especially if everything you're watching tends to meld together from overused character and plot concepts.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Well, it primarily depends.

1) If it's a 26 or less series, then I watch in one sitting, usually on the weekends or before I start working on an AMV to see what scenes I can work with.
2) If it's a week/week release basis [like DRR! or Angel Beats was], then I usually set aside one day to watch them.
3) If it's an ongoing series [like Pokemon], then I usually end up DVR'ing it and watching it on the sme day that I watch the week/week basis shows and catch up if that day is several weeks after air date.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 am

Prefer, with rare exceptions to watch series an episode or two a day until I run out. I haven't done the fansub week by week thing in at least a year, and that was because I was one of the translators doing it, so I sorta had to. :P

TV shows I watch week to week, but I am even pickier about what TV shows I watch each season than I am about anime. Right now I am watching:

Mad Men (well, it was over last week)
Glee
NCIS
NCIS: LA
Bones
The Mentalist

I started Tower Prep, and while I like the concept, I think being on Cartoon Network means it won't be anywhere near as edgy as I want it to be. If it doesn't pick up by episode five, I'll probably wait until Season 1 is complete and watch it all at once.

I also tend to watch entire semesters of class lectures on philosophy (and do the readings) in a few weeks, rather than three months, but that just makes me stranger than even this crowd. >_>
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 am

I'd like to say all at once, but I end up having so little time for I'm normally watching maximum 4 at a time.
2 of which I'll be watching during the week.

Veldrin
Org Profile

Post by Veldrin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:14 am

If I really like it, I prefer to watch one to two episodes a day for a shorter series so I can draw it out more. If I am just watching it because its sorta intresting or someone said "you must watch this or you're not weeaboo" then I might power through a good ammount. I guess it just depends. I guess if I had to classify myself I would be in the 'one at a time' category.

Then again who has the time to watch full series in one sitting? Maybe I am just busy.

Also watching an entire series is easy to do when it's raining. Thats the best time for slice of life.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 am

Given the means to... I'll soak up an entire day to a marathon, though that rarely happens, I prefer it that way
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

sawalover
Org Profile

Post by sawalover » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:08 pm

When I first started watching anime, it was common for me to watch them on a weekly basis, whenever an episode came out. But recently I prefer watching them in chunks of at least 3-4 episodes, 'cause it's really hard to concentrate on delve into the story when having only one episode at your disposal. It would be amazing to always have the time (and stamina! : D) to watch an entire series in one sitting but sadly it's rarely possible. Still, I love the idea of making marathons and watching series with my friends whenever it is possible, it would probably be my choice of action if it was always possible.
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Return to “General Anime”