Otaku: The Series!

kenisama
Org Profile

Re: Otaku: The Series!

Post by kenisama » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 am

Brevity codes are simply code words used in the military when communicating over unsecured or possibly compromised radio frequencies. I was just razzing Kio though :wink:
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 am

Otakuchike,

Brevity is itself a Brevity Code meaning "transmissions limited by time, terrain, weather conditions, or enemies listening in, please use fewer code words to communicate messages."

Kenisama is an enlisted Army grunt, I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not I get to go to Officer Candidate School for the US Navy.

BTW, package got seen last week, results should be coming in this next week, leaving for Guam tomorrow to await the news, hit the beaches, and possibly get some on a stern 50 Cal...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 am

Guys, I can see where you come from with all this, but please quit the OT and the "drama" (if there's any of it left, anyway). We clarified that this thread is legit. Now, if you wanna reply, make it relevant to the web series at hand here.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 am

I watched the first ep, and it was more.....awkward than amusing. Sometimes awkwardness can be amusing, so I'm not sure if it's just too much or not quite enough. It'd also be nice if there was a bit more introduction of all the characters, the way the first ep panned out made it almost seem like it was a later episode and the viewer should already know who is who. Still, it's only one ep so far, kind of like a pilot, right? Plenty of series have a rough start and begin to level out as everything falls into place. I'll be sure to check out the next episode. :up:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

otakuchike
Org Profile

Post by otakuchike » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:24 pm

kenisama wrote:Brevity codes are simply code words used in the military when communicating over unsecured or possibly compromised radio frequencies. I was just razzing Kio though :wink:
Mmm, I should have asked my brother; he's in the Army.
Kionon wrote:Otakuchike,

Brevity is itself a Brevity Code meaning "transmissions limited by time, terrain, weather conditions, or enemies listening in, please use fewer code words to communicate messages."

Kenisama is an enlisted Army grunt, I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not I get to go to Officer Candidate School for the US Navy.

BTW, package got seen last week, results should be coming in this next week, leaving for Guam tomorrow to await the news, hit the beaches, and possibly get some on a stern 50 Cal...
Bring Otaku with you ;D
mirkosp wrote:Guys, I can see where you come from with all this, but please quit the OT and the "drama" (if there's any of it left, anyway). We clarified that this thread is legit. Now, if you wanna reply, make it relevant to the web series at hand here.
'Preciate that. Thanks! Since you didn't comment, I assume you didn't watch it/it wasn't to your liking?
Ileia wrote:I watched the first ep, and it was more.....awkward than amusing. Sometimes awkwardness can be amusing, so I'm not sure if it's just too much or not quite enough. It'd also be nice if there was a bit more introduction of all the characters, the way the first ep panned out made it almost seem like it was a later episode and the viewer should already know who is who. Still, it's only one ep so far, kind of like a pilot, right? Plenty of series have a rough start and begin to level out as everything falls into place. I'll be sure to check out the next episode. :up:
Yup, definitely the pilot. It plays as both our first episode and the pilot. That's why we're asking for so much feedback, to see what we need to tweak. We will work on the awkwardness levels, for sure. And we're releasing some new content soon to properly introduce the characters, as we've heard a lot about character development. Thanks!
Check out Otaku: The Series! Follow Coco, Chike, and Ron as the leaders of their college anime club!

http://www.youtube.com/otakutheseries

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:25 am

otakuchike wrote:
mirkosp wrote:Guys, I can see where you come from with all this, but please quit the OT and the "drama" (if there's any of it left, anyway). We clarified that this thread is legit. Now, if you wanna reply, make it relevant to the web series at hand here.
'Preciate that. Thanks! Since you didn't comment, I assume you didn't watch it/it wasn't to your liking?
I tried watching it yesterday, but I wasn't really in the mood, so most of the dialogue went over my head and I just turned it off. I gave it another try today and with a bit of concentration I was able to understand what you guys were saying (I'm not native, so my hearing comprehension isn't quite up to my reading comprehension unless the speaker is really clear or I try hard enough to understand :asd: )... but I'd have to echo Ileia on the awkwardness feel, although I'd say that as far as presentations go, I think you nailed how the first ep should be.

PS: In the banner I don't see the glasses guy that was in the background of the room. Hope he isn't just a one off or something 'cause I got the vibe he's going to be the kind of character I'd love. :asd:

otakuchike
Org Profile

Post by otakuchike » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:01 pm

mirkosp wrote:
otakuchike wrote:
I tried watching it yesterday, but I wasn't really in the mood, so most of the dialogue went over my head and I just turned it off. I gave it another try today and with a bit of concentration I was able to understand what you guys were saying (I'm not native, so my hearing comprehension isn't quite up to my reading comprehension unless the speaker is really clear or I try hard enough to understand :asd: )... but I'd have to echo Ileia on the awkwardness feel, although I'd say that as far as presentations go, I think you nailed how the first ep should be.

PS: In the banner I don't see the glasses guy that was in the background of the room. Hope he isn't just a one off or something 'cause I got the vibe he's going to be the kind of character I'd love. :asd:
Thank you for taking the time to watch it! :awesome:

Yeah, the awkwardness should feel intentional, not accidental. So we're gonna work on that. Thanks for the comment on presentation!

Haha, he will probably make cameos, but he isn't a series regular. :nose:
Check out Otaku: The Series! Follow Coco, Chike, and Ron as the leaders of their college anime club!

otakuchike
Org Profile

Post by otakuchike » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYGk5xKdfs

A new mini-episode about how Don and Terry met! Let me know if the writing has improved and if you like the references :]

Return to “General Anime”