Video clips will not play/can be added in Sony Vegas pro 9.0

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Re: Video clips will not play/can be added in Sony Vegas pro 9.0

Post by ForeverZeroo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:I just installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Vegas Pro 9.0b. I found that 32-bit Vegas will work with huffyuv fine and if I use the 64-bit version of huffyuv it works with 64-bit version of Vegas. Try not to have multiple versions of huffyuv installed, because they might fight each other.
im pretty surei onlyhave the one....
but ill try to sort it out.

either way it would make sense to assume that the huffys in question i currently have (in clip form) are 32 bit seeing as they dont work.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:22 pm

ForeverZeroo wrote:either way it would make sense to assume that the huffys in question i currently have (in clip form) are 32 bit seeing as they dont work.
That's not the issue, once encoded they are bit agnostic. All that matters is that Vegas 64-bit can see a 64-bit codec so it can decode the video. The only thing I can think of is if you are not installing the codec right. Remove any version of huffyuv and install the huffyuv 64-bit. Once you extract the inf and dll from the zip, right click the inf and click install.
Insert clever text/image here.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:39 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:
ForeverZeroo wrote:either way it would make sense to assume that the huffys in question i currently have (in clip form) are 32 bit seeing as they dont work.
That's not the issue, once encoded they are bit agnostic. All that matters is that Vegas 64-bit can see a 64-bit codec so it can decode the video. The only thing I can think of is if you are not installing the codec right. Remove any version of huffyuv and install the huffyuv 64-bit. Once you extract the inf and dll from the zip, right click the inf and click install.

Ok well i uninstalled my huffy.
i have a zip on here that is 64 bit and only a .dll and .inf inside it.
i tried right clicking the .inf file and hit install and it doesnt do anything.

do i need to do something else?
download something?
installing it wrong?
need to put it somewhere else?

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:08 pm

It won't really say anything when installing, other than a little window popping up for a split second. You should see huffyuv in your Programs and Features list. Now try out Vegas 64-bit with huffyuv files, it should be able to play them. Remember, the 64-bit codec will only show up in a 64-bit programs like Vegas 64-bit or VirtualDub 64-bit. If you still can't get it to work for whatever reason, just use 32-bit huffyuv with 32-bit Vegas.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:37 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:It won't really say anything when installing, other than a little window popping up for a split second. You should see huffyuv in your Programs and Features list. Now try out Vegas 64-bit with huffyuv files, it should be able to play them. Remember, the 64-bit codec will only show up in a 64-bit programs like Vegas 64-bit or VirtualDub 64-bit. If you still can't get it to work for whatever reason, just use 32-bit huffyuv with 32-bit Vegas.
ok everything SEEMS to be working correctly (sept my crop script isnt working in avisynth...but thats another day)but its all working i think. (no one breath too hard or it might screw up again)

Thanks so much for your help. i'll keep you updated. hopfully nothing will go wrong

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

ForeverZeroo wrote:
NeoQuixotic wrote:It won't really say anything when installing, other than a little window popping up for a split second. You should see huffyuv in your Programs and Features list. Now try out Vegas 64-bit with huffyuv files, it should be able to play them. Remember, the 64-bit codec will only show up in a 64-bit programs like Vegas 64-bit or VirtualDub 64-bit. If you still can't get it to work for whatever reason, just use 32-bit huffyuv with 32-bit Vegas.
ok everything SEEMS to be working correctly (sept my crop script isnt working in avisynth...but thats another day)but its all working i think. (no one breath too hard or it might screw up again)

Thanks so much for your help. i'll keep you updated. hopfully nothing will go wrong

real quick....huffy isnt showing up in the vdubmod selections.

is it renamed to one of the helix ones.....or?

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Vdubmod is only 32-bit, so it won't see it. You might be able to install the 32-bit at the same time, but I like to avoid that. You can also encode huffyuv using ffdshow. This craziness is why some people say just stick to 32-bit.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:42 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:Vdubmod is only 32-bit, so it won't see it. You might be able to install the 32-bit at the same time, but I like to avoid that. You can also encode huffyuv using ffdshow. This craziness is why some people say just stick to 32-bit.

omg your not kidding....

well i see ffdshow...do i need to switch some stuff up to make it encode correctly?

i assume its the same for lagarith cause i dont see that either.
wow.....who thought upgrading would be so lame....

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:58 pm

This guide will help:
HOW-TO: Compress with ffdshow (HuffYUV-YV12 and MJPEG)

Just keep in mind that if you encode to huffyuv using ffdshow, then you'll need to use ffdshow to decode it. So if you give the file to someone else, be aware of that.

I tried installing multiple versions, but it didn't work. It might be possible if you know exactly how they get installed and modify it, but that's beyond me.

Lagarith should appear in both 32-bit and 64-bit apps, assuming you installed it using the installer version. The latest version is 1.3.20, the AMVapp comes with 1.3.19.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:44 pm

NeoQuixotic wrote:This guide will help:
HOW-TO: Compress with ffdshow (HuffYUV-YV12 and MJPEG)

Just keep in mind that if you encode to huffyuv using ffdshow, then you'll need to use ffdshow to decode it. So if you give the file to someone else, be aware of that.

I tried installing multiple versions, but it didn't work. It might be possible if you know exactly how they get installed and modify it, but that's beyond me.

Lagarith should appear in both 32-bit and 64-bit apps, assuming you installed it using the installer version. The latest version is 1.3.20, the AMVapp comes with 1.3.19.
OK! Lagarith is now showing up. so the fight seems to be over.

One last question (beforei go into the avisynth forum and ask about a script problem)
do i need to mess with the lagarith settings....or should they be good the way they are?

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”