Sony Vegas Crashes

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
MakaAlbarn
Org Profile

Sony Vegas Crashes

Post by MakaAlbarn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

So I made my files smaller and started my AMV. I got to 25 seconds in and I can no longer render my file. It either freezes up or crashes. What I wonder is how do people make HD amvs with many different animes if Sony Vegas crashes this badly on a brand new computer? I'm trying to render it in HD. Vegas is taking over 1.5 gb of memory to run my file. Any suggestions to get this stupid thing to work?

MakaAlbarn
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas Crashes

Post by MakaAlbarn » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Ok I managed to get the 25 second clip to render in a 640x .mp4. However, I needed to have preview off. Problem is this is a widescreen AMV so what I render it as needs to be widescreen as well, hence my putting it at 1280x720 wmv. If it's not widescreen set then the arrows run off into the sides.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I didn't even use a lot of masking yet, and I have 2 and 1/2 minutes left to mask...

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 am

You always export lossless in Vegas then compress to mp4.

Read this then this

Never render as .wmv unless you're using it for self-previewing purposes.Because wmvs suck :nono: who am I kidding?I used to render as wmv too...

You can always resize to 1280x720 using avisynth after you export ^^

MakaAlbarn
Org Profile

Post by MakaAlbarn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

But wouldn't that make an even bigger file that would just crash Vegas anyway? Or does it actually render better using this instead? Usually when I render it gets to 50% then shuts down...

MakaAlbarn
Org Profile

Post by MakaAlbarn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:38 am

Well...I got it to render fully but when I try to play the file the video doesn't show, only the audio plays =_=. I think my computer is majorly messed up..

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:38 am

Um well as far as I know,it should render faster when you export as lossless.Only takes me about 20-40 mins for a 3 minute project.Used to be an hour plus when I rendered in wmv.....

And yeah you shouldn't be able to play that file you just rendered.You gotta compress it first.Read this.

Once you finished compressing using Zarxgui,you should get a nice mp4 file that plays back in awesome quality ;)

MakaAlbarn
Org Profile

Post by MakaAlbarn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Wow thanks! That works brilliantly ^^. I wonder why wmv would crash while rendering but something 100x bigger doesn't..weird.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”