Slow Sony Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
TheFlareClara
Org Profile

Slow Sony Vegas

Post by TheFlareClara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi! I´m trying to make my 2nd AMV with SV but it suddenly goes really slow specially the preview and the cutter. The video is played slowlier than the audio and it looks horrible, with huge pixels! The fact is that I have tried everything, even unistalling and reinstalling the program! Please help me.
Thanks
TheFlareClara

gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: Slow Sony Vegas

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm

What is the format and codec of the clips you're trying to edit with?
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

AFT
Org Profile

Post by AFT » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Usually when you add a lot of fx to a clip, the video preview tends to go slow. But the video's pixelated? :? That hasn't happened to me before.
Is it only the preview though? Try exporting it and see if the rendered video has any problems.

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 am

chances are its one of two things, either your project settings are wrong (eg the project settings are for widescreen when ur source is actually 4:3) or its just the preview window being buggy, the best way to test the second one, just highlight a 5 second segment of some movement in your amv, (just make sure its not still images) render it using the 'render loop region only' option then watch your small 5 second video, only takes a few seconds even on older computers and it will tell you if something is actually wrong or if its just your preview window. if its just your preview window chances are your computer is not strong enough to handle playing the video with all of the effects at full speed on demand

if it turns out to be your preview window use pre-renders, (hotkey 'shift + m' in vegas 6) highlight a section prerender it, then the preview window will run smoothly (mostly, cept for some very high effect scenes eg where you are using like 6+ layers). and you can get that timing down much easier, takes a little bit longer but saves you time overall.

Hinds76
Org Profile

Post by Hinds76 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 am

first way : tale the mouse pointer near end or begin of an event(mouse pointer shape will be changed) and hold down Ctrl key then drag it outside.

second way : right click on an event and choose properties, then change play back rate. play back rates above 1 make the play back faster and play back rates between 1 and 0 make it slower. negative playback will reverse your event.

Thanks..
8-)

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”