First time using Vegas: One Question

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Soraki
Org Profile

First time using Vegas: One Question

Post by Soraki » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 pm

I normally make AMVs in Windows Movie Maker since its standard on Windows. I good good friend of mine got my Vegas Pro 9.0 and I noticed this moving bar thing people can do where there is a white bar that moves in a direction and fades away.

Now through all the tutorials on youtube I found one that got me as far as getting the bar on the screen but its stationary and he isn't using 9.0 so I'm not always sure what he is clicking and due to the fact its youtube I can't read a thing.

Can someone out of the kindness or pure boredom explain to me step by step how to do this?

Sorry if I'm asking for a lot.

AFT
Org Profile

Re: First time using Vegas: One Question

Post by AFT » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm not 100% sure we're thinking of the same thing when you say "a white bar thing". But if we are, try this:
Get a solid white clip from the "media generators" tab. Add the "cookie cutter" effect. For the shape, make it a rectangle. Then give it the desired properties (size, feather, etc.). Position the rectangle in the starting positon then keyframe it so the "bar" drags across the Y-axis. Then make it fade out.
There are lots of ways to do this, but this is probably the easiest if you're new to Vegas.

Soraki
Org Profile

Re: First time using Vegas: One Question

Post by Soraki » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Thank you that was basically what I was looking for.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”