Sony Begas Pro 8 Render Problem

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Aurellion
Org Profile

Sony Begas Pro 8 Render Problem

Post by Aurellion » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Heya,

I've checked out most of the Sony Vegas threads around here, but still can't seem to find an answer to my troubles~ >_<

Whenever I try and render my AMV, it skips out a couple of scenes. These are in exactly the same format as the other scenes, so I don't think it's a Xvid/DivX problem. Also, when I render to a low quality .wmv in includes the missing scenes - what is going on? How can I fix this and defeat the evil black screen?

Thanks for your help,

Jen.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:16 am

1. are your clips divx/xvid encoded?

and 2. did you change the speed of the clips in the properties? I often get blank screens when I do that... use the velocity band instead?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 am

JaddziaDax wrote: and 2. did you change the speed of the clips in the properties? I often get blank screens when I do that... use the velocity band instead?

If it is that problem, you can fix it by encoding your footage as Huffys.
Vegas lovums Lagarith, but it won't speed em up, so Huffyuv ftw? o.O

Aurellion
Org Profile

Post by Aurellion » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am

ah-hah.... thank you! Yes, I did change the speed of the clips.. that's probably it. I'll try your suggestions. =3

And as far as I know, I'm pretty sure they're not divx/xvid encoded, but I'll double check that~.

thank you! :D

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:40 am

Radical_Yue wrote:If it is that problem, you can fix it by encoding your footage as Huffys.
Vegas lovums Lagarith, but it won't speed em up, so Huffyuv ftw? o.O
yea I have less problems with the velocity band over the properties/playback change is all.. I rarely use Huffy but I might keep that in mind next time I have that issue O:

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”