when adding the border/widescreen effect [Vegas]

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
thel3gendkill3r
Org Profile

when adding the border/widescreen effect [Vegas]

Post by thel3gendkill3r » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:39 pm

is there a way so that it doesnt cut/cover up the top and bottom of the footage? like make it so you can see the entire/full size clip in between the border/widescreen effect?

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:52 pm

I am guessing you are talking about pan/crop?

I am not sure how to do it, but the way you say it makes it sound like your gonna fuck the Aspect ratio with that, so it's a No No :nono: even if it works somehow, you shouldn't do it.

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:42 pm

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:I am not sure how to do it, but the way you say it makes it sound like your gonna fuck the Aspect ratio with that, so it's a No No :nono: even if it works somehow, you shouldn't do it.
x2.

If you want your footage to be in 4:3('normal') aspect ratio,but to make it look 16:9(widescreen),just unmark "Strech Video To Fill Output Frame Size(do not letter box)" - that way you'll have letter boxed video.

If you want to render it in lossless as 4:3,and then resize it for distribution - just mark "Strech Video To Fill Output Frame Size(do not letter box)" nad you'll have your footage streched out.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:19 pm

what aspect ratio is your footage supposed to be?

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”