Vegas Video6 -Audio-But no video..ummm

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
shawndow
Org Profile

Vegas Video6 -Audio-But no video..ummm

Post by shawndow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:39 pm

All i see (and hear) is the audio in my AVI's. (which are good)

I feel like a idiot because i couldnt even make it past step 8 in the tutorial so kindly provided by Ladymercury. All i get is audo but no visual. The file is AVI, am i missing somthing?

I think I'll curl up in a ball somewhere and cry....
Y I care is far beyond me..

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:55 pm

I don't even use vegas and I can answer this.

Image that is a link, fyi.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

shawndow
Org Profile

Post by shawndow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:55 pm

hmmm im starting to suspect witch-craft....some AVI's load others don't. (maybe its a size thing) who knows. hmm maybe its related to another problem thats posted down in Vegas 7 not loading AVi-s. I'll investigate furthur in the morning.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:58 pm

size? fuck no

shawndow
Org Profile

Post by shawndow » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:15 pm

*knods head* Ok ill assume its a Divx thing.

I'll just chop the files up in Windows Movie Maker and export them into wmv's, then import them into vegas, prolly will get some quailty loss but eh... (although that would defeat the purpose of useing Vegas all together. hmmm

I was importing the whole episode into vegas if its any constalation, but it wasn't workin. Bet you is Div's fualt....yep...came up with that idea all by myself...*looks around suspiously*

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:22 pm

its a codec problem

heres the deal: some compressions were MADE for editing while others weren't

to get codec information right-click on the video file, and choose "properties" and click the tab that says "summery" it should be listed next to compression and if that doesnt work, get a program called GSpot and drop the file in it

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm

shawndow wrote:*knods head* Ok ill assume its a Divx thing.

I'll just chop the files up in Windows Movie Maker and export them into wmv's, then import them into vegas, prolly will get some quailty loss but eh... (although that would defeat the purpose of useing Vegas all together. hmmm

I was importing the whole episode into vegas if its any constalation, but it wasn't workin. Bet you is Div's fualt....yep...came up with that idea all by myself...*looks around suspiously*
whoa, whoa. wait. Full quality is the only reason you use vegas?..

Plus.

stop being lazy. do it the right way, or don't do it at all.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:13 pm

shawndow wrote:*knods head* Ok ill assume its a Divx thing.

That´s the bad way. Trust me I tried to reencode one of my videos. It simply doesn´t work.

Imagine you have a photo on your desk... and you want to make some copies. You don´t take the "looseless" negative of the photograph, instead you make a picture again with you camera from the picture that lies on your desk.
Than you make a picture of the new copy of "picture that laied on the desk" that lays on the desk now and so on.
Can you imagine the effect? You will get more and more worse quality.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

shawndow
Org Profile

Post by shawndow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Alright yes you guys were all right, its an Xvid codec, I found that about through both the EO program (which made my file HUGE) and the Gspot program.

So since all my AVI's have an Xvid codec (which are crap for editing, and don't work in Vegas) and i cant load the eps in Vegas how should i go about approacing this...

I mean the only solution i see is the loss of quality from exporting it in WMV...hmm maybe ill try exporting it from Adobe After Effects which is a pain the ass to understand lol

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 pm

you could use VirtualDubMod found in the AMVApp, just open the avi and select which codec you want to convert to, then export.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”