Scrolling Words While Zooming In Using Vegas?

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Kero777
Org Profile

Scrolling Words While Zooming In Using Vegas?

Post by Kero777 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Hey! :) I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a certain effect in Vegas 6.0. An idea came to me yesterday that I think would really look nifty. Let me think of a good way to explain this: Let's say there is something like a scrolling billboard pretty far away in the scene that looks something like this: http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/i ... 426804.JPG. (Sorry I haven't gotten the footage on my computer yet, but it's something like that). If I wanted to replace the text with something else while zooming in at the same time so the text starts out in the original size of the billboard, but gradually gets more large as I zoom in on the billboard, what would be the easiest and most accurate way? When I was experimenting, I used the masking effect to cut out the original text, put my own text underneath it on the next layer and zoomed in, having to make the text bigger and trying to keep it lined up on the billboard. Let me tell you, that way is quite a task. :sweat: When I do that, the wording jumps around and doesn't look like it's going in an even diagonal line (the billboard is slanted a little bit). It would be easier if I just replaced the text without zooming in and then save the section and zoom in when it's an original clip, but the quality of the words won't be that great, I think. Anyway, sorry that this is a little longer than it needs to be. Could someone please give me some suggestions. You all have been so helpful to me so far. Thanks for your time!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:32 pm

make a screencap of the image on the farthest frame out, add the text in ...

export as a video file... import that new video file and pan in...

i did that for the intro of "the amv holiday special"

Kero777
Org Profile

Yay!

Post by Kero777 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Thank you!! That DOES work perfectly! :D

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”