Sony Vegas MPEG2 Problem

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
JongWu
Org Profile

Sony Vegas MPEG2 Problem

Post by JongWu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:43 pm

Lately I've been rendering a couple of practice DVD MPEG2 files in Sony Vegas from some test AviSynth files(to see if I would be up to the job of re-encoding VOBs), and I've been getting one single problem lately that's been driving me nuts.

EVERY SINGLE file I save is has this pesky unneeded letterboxing on the top and bottom and a slightly vertically compressed image to boot:

AviSynth

Vegas MPEG2

(Excuse me for that terrible script, trying to work out the kinks in it >_>)

So, does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? I mean, I've even tried to LanczosResize the AviSynth file to 720x480 and I still get these little black lines and a squished picture. I know I'm saving a 4:3 file, and yes, I have "Stretch to fit" selected, so that's out.

So, what do I need to get a correct 4:3 MPEG2 file? Could somebody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.[/url]

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Go to Pan/Crop of each clip, change "Maintain Aspect Ratio" to No.

JongWu
Org Profile

Post by JongWu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks. Worked like a charm. :)

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

asfd

Post by taifunbrowser » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:24 pm

... or, if you want to take advantage of the reason pan/crop has the "make aspect ratio", right click the event, go properties, uncheck "keep aspect ratio"

whatever floats your boat though

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”