Sony Vegas 7.0 : DVD Quality

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
GH
Org Profile

Sony Vegas 7.0 : DVD Quality

Post by GH » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:47 pm

I know of 2 different ways to get DVD quality,you can either use DVD Torrents,or just rip from DVD's,is their away to somehow to set the settings on vegas up when your rendering to make it DVD Quality,and keep the same quality after compressing?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas 7.0 : DVD Quality

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:54 pm

sevajin wrote:I know of 2 different ways to get DVD quality,you can either use DVD Torrents,or just rip from DVD's,is their away to somehow to set the settings on vegas up when your rendering to make it DVD Quality,and keep the same quality after compressing?
When you compress a video using a lossy codec, there will be quality loss, bar none. This can be minimized using AviSynth filters and certain codecs, like x264 over XviD, but if you want a video in a distributable size (as in, under 100 MB), you're gonna have to deal with quality loss.

As for rendering from Vegas, make sure you render out to Lagarith or HuffYUV and then use either VirtualDubMod or Zarx264GUI to compress your video to either XviD or x264, respectively. Read about how to do this here.

GH
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas 7.0 : DVD Quality

Post by GH » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:12 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
sevajin wrote:I know of 2 different ways to get DVD quality,you can either use DVD Torrents,or just rip from DVD's,is their away to somehow to set the settings on vegas up when your rendering to make it DVD Quality,and keep the same quality after compressing?
When you compress a video using a lossy codec, there will be quality loss, bar none. This can be minimized using AviSynth filters and certain codecs, like x264 over XviD, but if you want a video in a distributable size (as in, under 100 MB), you're gonna have to deal with quality loss.

As for rendering from Vegas, make sure you render out to Lagarith or HuffYUV and then use either VirtualDubMod or Zarx264GUI to compress your video to either XviD or x264, respectively. Read about how to do this here.
thanks for the help =D,well the quality hit wont be to bad will it?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:31 pm

not if you stick to x.264 or Xvid

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”