I think a big problem [Vegas SFK files]

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

I think a big problem [Vegas SFK files]

Postby NS » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:47 am

Ok. I started using vegas a little while ago. (vegas 5 if that helps at all)
. well now alot of my saved files of Eps and stuff i use for amvs have turned to SFK files. every time i go to My Videos that contains these. i get the "don't send" error message. Does anyone know what this might be?
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Minion » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:57 am

don't use sfk? :?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Jayn_Newell » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:23 am

Minion wrote:don't use sfk? :?

Vegas creates .sfk files for any media files you import (actually, I've just seen it with audio, not video). But these will just be in the same folder as that media, it shouldn't be replacing the original file. I usually just ignore them and then delete them when I'm done with the project.

So sorry, but I'm no help ^^'
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=112826">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=126460">Image</a>
Jayn_Newell

Postby Minion » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:11 am

are sfk files just shortcuts files for vegas? if they are, then it won't work without the original file
/premiere user
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby hydrax » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:02 am

I think the .sfk just has the peak render info inside so that when you re-open the media file it doesn't need to re-render.
hydrax

Postby NS » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:28 pm

...But i don't import them. I will want to import media and when i go to the folder that has them i get the "don't send, send" message. When i do it from the route of just my computer withotu vegas open it still does it. I can't render my partly done projects either because when i do vegas just like shuts down automatically.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Return to Sony Vegas