I heard U can Mask On Sony Vegas Home Studio 6

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

I heard U can Mask On Sony Vegas Home Studio 6

Postby Dafreshprince » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:49 pm

dont know if its true or not i dont think so just making sure and if it can be done teach me plz seriously :(
Dafreshprince

Postby Jnzk » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:50 pm

I seriously doubt it...
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby CrackTheSky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:36 pm

You heard wrong.
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby TaranT » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:04 pm

TaranT

Postby TaranT » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:57 am

OK, when I posted last time I was out of town and away from my editing PC. Now that I've had a chance to bring up Vegas Movie Studio, here are some options.

(1) Use the pan/crop tool to isolate portions of a clip that overlays another. limited to rectangular masks.

(2) Use the Cookie Cutter (under Video FX) - usually in combination with the pan/crop tool for locating the masked section.

(3) Use the Chroma Key (under Video FX). Difficult to work, but fun to play with. It sometimes helps to use another FX (typically color adjustment) ahead of the Chroma Key.

(4) Use the Deform effect. Strange results, but maybe it'll work.

(5) Use a partially transparent Color Gradient (under Text & Backdrops) to overlay another clip.

These are available on Movie Studio 4. Version 6 may have other options.

Pixelan's SpiceMaster plugins cost some $$$, but should give you more capability. They're great with Vegas, but I've never used them with Vegas Movie Studio.
TaranT

Postby Xarathion » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:57 pm

TaranT wrote:These are available on Movie Studio 4. Version 6 may have other options.

Pixelan's SpiceMaster plugins cost some $$$, but should give you more capability. They're great with Vegas, but I've never used them with Vegas Movie Studio.

Version 6 also has those same ones, as far as I know. And if you have the Platinum Version of Movie Studio + DVD (it comes bunded with Movie Studio, DVD Architect, and Acid XMC), it also comes with the Pixelan Spicemaster TFX...it isn't the full Spicemaster package, but atleast it's something.
Xarathion

Return to Sony Vegas