1. Make sure you have the latest AviSynth version. (2.5.5)
2. Get the latest DGMPGDec package (1.4.5) and extract it to a directory of its own.
3. Go to your Program Files/AviSynth/Plugins directory and delete any MPEG2 decoder filters you have there. (dgdecode.dll, mpeg2dec3.dll etc.)
4. Go to Doom9 downloads page and find a package called VFAPI under Support Utils. Download it and extract it to a folder. In that folder there should now be a file called vifpset.bat. Run it to register the dll. Exclamation
5. Run DGIndex that came with DGMPGDec and create your .d2v file normally.
6. Create your AVS script in Notepad and remember to load the decoding filter.
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec 1.4.5\DGDecode.dll")
Remember that VFAPI upsamples to RGB by default in interlaced mode. If your script outputs progressive footage (e.g. you do IVTC with Telecide + Decimate), put "_P" just before the extension in the filename. This forces progressive upsampling. So for example bibleblack_P.avs.
7. Run VFAPIConv that came with VFAPI. Drag and drop your AVS file on the program window. Click OK, then Convert. After the conversion you should have a small fake AVI file in the same directory as your AVS file.
8. Import the fake AVI to your favourite editing program.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests