Sony Vegas won't import video

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:18 am

Interestingly enough, Vegas 6 CAN handle 3ivx .avi's. So if you're more comfortable editing with clips instead of scripts, that's the way to go. I use Xmpeg to convert my VOBs to AVIs (you can even select specific clips to convert), but it is slightly lossy, and the interlacing is tricky.

Chris
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

chosef
Org Profile

Post by chosef » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 am

If you have absolutely no other choice than to use divx/xvid(the latter is impossible actually, unless you change it to divx with the fourCC changer), use the divx 5.x codec for decoding, as 6.x rarely works for some reason. Oh and disable generic MPEG 4 playback support in your FFDSHOW settings(if you have it installed)
Мрете у кофите!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm

Weeelllll, here is the update:

I downloaded the HuffYUV codec, and whenever I converted a video with it, the computer would lock up upon seeing the dand ICON for the video. I have no clue if I did something wrong or what, but I've stopped usin that codec.

Somebody suggested Lagarith, and that has been working so far. I haen't tired it with all of my footage yet, but it works with what little I have tried.

....Maybe this should be stickied or something so Scintilla does not have to post that banner everywhere; I see i'm not the only one who has had this problem ^^;

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”