About vegas 6

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

About vegas 6

Post by NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:21 pm

Hi. Im kinda a noob bout vegas 6. So, to make an AMV for vegas I KNOW u need uncompressed or in huffy bla bla bla with virtual dub. So i was wondering if rendering every single clip as its own file through virtualdubmod is the best way. If there is a different or better way, can you please inform me of it?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:47 pm

This is in the wrong forum.

But anyway, that's how I do it. It can take a while to make all the clips but at least they're easy to find, assuming you organize them.

Supposedly there's a way to import .avs files directly into Vegas using an AVI Wrapper or some frameserver plugin and then trim out clips from there, but neither has worked for me, so I prefer making individual clips.

NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

Post by NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:54 pm

kk. thx

NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

Post by NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm

oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:39 pm

NarutoxFlame wrote:oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro
There is no one answer to this. It's a matter of personal preference and what you're comfortable with. You have to try them both to see which one is better for you. Of course, if you find you really like one without ever having tried the other (like me), that's fine too.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 pm

i use Lagarith.... it has the same properties as huffy but smaller files O.o

actually this is how i do it O.o using Lagarith instead of Huffy or uncompressed...

its a long process but worth it imo.

and Scintilla is right, Vegas Vs Premeire is all on your preference...

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:12 pm

NarutoxFlame wrote:oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro
what? you didn't like the answer I gave you in your other post?
NarutoxFlame wrote:i have a question: wich program should i get
vegas 6.0 or premiere pro?
Kariudo, responding in video software help wrote:get the trial versions for each (from the companie's web sites), do some editing in them and see which one you like better.

the full version of Vegas is expensive (~$700 IIRC) and premiere pro (2.0) isn't any cheaper. (just wanted to make sure that you were aware of this)

premiere elements (3.0) is also somewhat used here ($99)
vegas movie studio (6) is also around this price too
if you don't like this answer, pretty much anybody you ask will say the same thing (or at least along the same line as what Scintilla or I said)

NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

Post by NarutoxFlame » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm

well i know but wanted to hear some other thoughts(already did) and i didnt think anyone wound find my post after like 20 pages in the other thread o.o

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm a Vegas user; never touched Premiere, but I don't think I'll ever need to because Vegas does pretty much anything you want with a little work. Ok, that's a lie, it doesn't do *everything*. But all the basic editing options you could want are user-friendly and easy to work with, so I'd definitely recommend Vegas (but at the same time I wouldn't dissuade you from trying out Premiere, either).

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:40 pm

Personally, i just edit with .vob files, it works ok, a bit slow to work with but it saves pesty audio files and hours upon hours of encoding and what not. Give it a try and see what u think.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”