About vegas 6

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

About vegas 6

Postby NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:21 pm

Hi. Im kinda a noob bout vegas 6. So, to make an AMV for vegas I KNOW u need uncompressed or in huffy bla bla bla with virtual dub. So i was wondering if rendering every single clip as its own file through virtualdubmod is the best way. If there is a different or better way, can you please inform me of it?
NarutoxFlame

Postby CrackTheSky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:47 pm

This is in the wrong forum.

But anyway, that's how I do it. It can take a while to make all the clips but at least they're easy to find, assuming you organize them.

Supposedly there's a way to import .avs files directly into Vegas using an AVI Wrapper or some frameserver plugin and then trim out clips from there, but neither has worked for me, so I prefer making individual clips.
CrackTheSky

Postby NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:54 pm

kk. thx
NarutoxFlame

Postby NarutoxFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm

oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro
NarutoxFlame

Postby Scintilla » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:39 pm

NarutoxFlame wrote:oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro

There is no one answer to this. It's a matter of personal preference and what you're comfortable with. You have to try them both to see which one is better for you. Of course, if you find you really like one without ever having tried the other (like me), that's fine too.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 pm

i use Lagarith.... it has the same properties as huffy but smaller files O.o

actually this is how i do it O.o using Lagarith instead of Huffy or uncompressed...

its a long process but worth it imo.

and Scintilla is right, Vegas Vs Premeire is all on your preference...
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Kariudo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:12 pm

NarutoxFlame wrote:oh and 1 more thing(since i dun wanna make a new thread) wich is better vegas 6.0 and Adobe Premiere Pro

what? you didn't like the answer I gave you in your other post?
NarutoxFlame wrote:i have a question: wich program should i get
vegas 6.0 or premiere pro?
Kariudo, responding in video software help wrote:get the trial versions for each (from the companie's web sites), do some editing in them and see which one you like better.

the full version of Vegas is expensive (~$700 IIRC) and premiere pro (2.0) isn't any cheaper. (just wanted to make sure that you were aware of this)

premiere elements (3.0) is also somewhat used here ($99)
vegas movie studio (6) is also around this price too

if you don't like this answer, pretty much anybody you ask will say the same thing (or at least along the same line as what Scintilla or I said)
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby NarutoxFlame » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:32 pm

well i know but wanted to hear some other thoughts(already did) and i didnt think anyone wound find my post after like 20 pages in the other thread o.o
NarutoxFlame

Postby CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm a Vegas user; never touched Premiere, but I don't think I'll ever need to because Vegas does pretty much anything you want with a little work. Ok, that's a lie, it doesn't do *everything*. But all the basic editing options you could want are user-friendly and easy to work with, so I'd definitely recommend Vegas (but at the same time I wouldn't dissuade you from trying out Premiere, either).
CrackTheSky

Postby guy07 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:40 pm

Personally, i just edit with .vob files, it works ok, a bit slow to work with but it saves pesty audio files and hours upon hours of encoding and what not. Give it a try and see what u think.
guy07

Postby CrackTheSky » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:58 pm

*Gasp*

You can edit with .VOB files in Vegas?

*Learned something new today*
CrackTheSky

Postby guy07 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:33 am

yeah, try it, it's alot easier, and the quality is top notch.Since it's not tampered with,it's perfect, eps are about 2 gigs and u can compress them a bit with most rippers to about 700 mbs and the quality will still be fine.
guy07

Postby CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 am

Aahhh...wait, that won't work for me :/ At least not the series I'll be working with in my next AMV, because it's super-interlaced, and I don't want to try to IVTC it after I've already made the video...

*Sigh*

Still, that's nice to know.
CrackTheSky

Postby Kariudo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 am

what do you do about the interlacing though?
since very few series are made with all progressive frames.

the only other problem I can see with editing vobs is that you're stuck with the quality of the video on the dvd. Usually not a problem, but the quality can vary from series to series. I personally wouldn't be caught dead editing with the vobs that come [straight] from the R1 FMP Fumoffu disks

here's a before/after pic (before is straight from the disk...after I removed the interlacing)
imagine editing with that...interlaced *shudders*
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:01 am

Kariudo wrote:what do you do about the interlacing though?
since very few series are made with all progressive frames.

Well, if you're asking me, I deinterlace them with AVIsynth scripts. Which can't (from my experience) be imported into Vegas.

So yeah, I think maybe I'll just stick to editing processed clips, unless Vegas's deinterlacer works well?
CrackTheSky

Next

Return to Sony Vegas