The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

Re: The Idiots Guide to Vegas

Postby yunaheartilly » Fri May 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Thank you very much! it worked now :D
i still curse Vegas for making it that complicated :?
thanks for your time ^^
yunaheartilly

Postby AimoAio » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Or you could right click on your selection and click Deselect --> Path :)
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Nfshacker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 pm

:D THANX SO MUCH!!!!...i Knew this site had this!!!!......
Nfshacker

Postby JazzyDJ » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:20 pm

This is probably the single most helpful thread at the org.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40
JazzyDJ

Postby Enigma » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 pm

JazzyDJ wrote:This is probably the single most helpful thread at the org.
Nuff said :amv: .
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby AaronAMV » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I thought I'd tell anyone using Vegas who is getting frame blending when your source (without blending) matches your project settings, disable resamples! I had -Reda- help me figure out what was causing it, and it ended up being that. :?
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby Kumatora » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:37 pm

For some reason, I've been having trouble with Vegas. I've started on a Death Note AMV and for some reason, black bars appear on the sides in Vegas 6, or some other color. However, in VDub and DGIndex, the bars don't show up. Also, when I rendered the video to see if the bars were there, I got something much worse: The video is black and white, slanted, and one part of the video is on the wrong side.

What do I do to fix this.
Kumatora

Postby skinnyp220 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:19 pm

So this might have been mentioned somewhere between pages 12 and 49, I have a question about Huffyuv.

I have a huffyuv file and i tried to import that into vegas. However, the video won't play, only the audio does. I installed the Huffyuv codec, but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.
skinnyp220

Postby Kariudo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:06 pm

You might try lagarith instead...but other than that, try checking huffyuv's configuration.
If the checkbox that says "Always suggest RGB for output" is unchecked, try checking it and re-encoding your clips
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby JazzyDJ » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Kumatora wrote:For some reason, I've been having trouble with Vegas. I've started on a Death Note AMV and for some reason, black bars appear on the sides in Vegas 6, or some other color. However, in VDub and DGIndex, the bars don't show up. Also, when I rendered the video to see if the bars were there, I got something much worse: The video is black and white, slanted, and one part of the video is on the wrong side.

I think it has something to do with the check box that says to stretch media to highest source or something along those lines, but I'm not sure. I have the same question for the others on the message board.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40
JazzyDJ

Postby Ghet » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Kumatora wrote:For some reason, I've been having trouble with Vegas. I've started on a Death Note AMV and for some reason, black bars appear on the sides in Vegas 6, or some other color. However, in VDub and DGIndex, the bars don't show up. Also, when I rendered the video to see if the bars were there, I got something much worse: The video is black and white, slanted, and one part of the video is on the wrong side.

the first one is probably an issue with the project settings, you need to set your project to be in your source's native resolution.
the second problem.... im not quite sure, might have to do with what youre exporting as. sounds like a fucking cool effect though .-.
Ghet

Postby lynit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi.

I'm editing right now, and the situation is calling for a dual footage situation.
Anyway, I'm trying to have two tiny boxes of footage playing, sort of like in this video (except without 4, just 2). I attempted to do it based on Ladymercury's method posted eons back.

However, it doesn't resize the footage to make small enough to fit, it just works on a certain area of the footage.
Does anyone know the proper solution?

Also, I imported an image with a resolution size of 397x675 and it goes right into the center of the video. I'd like to move it to the right, however the Video Pan/Crop features can't move it and if I deselect the aspect ratio option then I can move it but then it looks squashy and ugly. How can I resolve this?
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.
lynit

Postby L'arc~en~ciel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 am

Okay, I got a question. Is there any way to turn a video that is Standard resolution into Wide Screen?....or, 4:3 into 16:9?
L'arc~en~ciel

Postby prYzm » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:25 pm

lynit wrote:Hi.

I'm editing right now, and the situation is calling for a dual footage situation.
Anyway, I'm trying to have two tiny boxes of footage playing, sort of like in this video (except without 4, just 2). I attempted to do it based on Ladymercury's method posted eons back.

However, it doesn't resize the footage to make small enough to fit, it just works on a certain area of the footage.
Does anyone know the proper solution?

Also, I imported an image with a resolution size of 397x675 and it goes right into the center of the video. I'd like to move it to the right, however the Video Pan/Crop features can't move it and if I deselect the aspect ratio option then I can move it but then it looks squashy and ugly. How can I resolve this?

the multi boxes can easily be done by using the pan/crop tool, just increase the size of ur focus so that the image gets smaller then move the focus around. i use vegas 6 but i dont believe the mechanics have been changed in later versions so it should still work.

as to the pan/crop not being able to move your image - are you sure? it should just be a case of grabbing and dragging the focus around, there are a few limitations for images that are not a comparative resolution to the project settings (eg if image is widescreen and ur project is 4:3) but if it matches it should be able to be moved and manipulated normally. both of your problems should be done using the pan/crop tool. just in the case of getting multiple images on the screen shrink the image first by scaling the focus out. make sure u select 'maintain aspect ratio'.
prYzm

Postby xPiikanyaa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Great guide, was a lifesaver for me, even though I have Sony Vegas 9. One thing though, is this guide for the Movie Studio version or the Pro version??? :?: :?:
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

PreviousNext

Return to Sony Vegas