The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

Postby AngelicFury » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Oh Ok thanks PhysicianStrudel ^_^ >_> Now I feel soo stupid though xP
AngelicFury

Postby Kumatora » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:03 pm

SquallxRinoa(one of my favorite pairings), just how long have you been working on this video? I've been coming to this thread for a while and I've noticed that your help screens consist of Kingdom Hearts series footage. Have you been working on one for video for the last several months, or what?
Kumatora

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 am

PhysicianStrudel wrote:
AngelicFury wrote:Ok I have a question ... how do I create clips out of the Episodes that I have in sony vegas so I can use them?

Right Click>Open in Trimmer> Put markerts around the section you want to cut out>Double-Click> Draw to the timeline.

you can set up vegas to automatically open project media in the trimmer when you double click :3
I'm not at home so I can't tell you how to do it (I'd have to go through Vegas again to find it) or else I'd say how...
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby AngelicFury » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 pm

I've commented somewhere in here before i think ... and know that Divx/Xvid Formats are bad to edit with so I just wanna know ..

What formats are good for editing with Sony Vegas and what converter do I use to convert videos to said formats ?
AngelicFury

Postby Kumatora » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Encoding the videos into HuffyUV or Lagarith are what you should use. Personally, I use Lagarith for the clips and encode my master as a HuffyUV. Anyway, you can do that in Virtual Dub Mod. Just have your settings at Fast Recompress instead of Full Processing Mode.
Kumatora

Postby AngelicFury » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 pm

K Thankyou and by master do you mean your finished Product ?
AngelicFury

Postby Kumatora » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 pm

AngelicFury wrote:K Thankyou and by master do you mean your finished Product ?

Well, it's the uncompressed version of the product. Usually it's separated into one video and one audio file. That's the one straight from the editing program, not the one for distribution.
Kumatora

Postby AngelicFury » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 am

Is lagarith supposed to make the File so big ? are there any better formats ?
I just converted an episode and it became huge ...
AngelicFury

Postby NS » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 am

That's why you don't convert whole episodes at a time unless you have a huge Hard drive. Just select out the clips you want to use to convert.
NS
I like pants

Postby AaronAMV » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:09 am

NerdStrudel wrote:That's why you don't convert whole episodes at a time unless you have a huge Hard drive. Just select out the clips you want to use to convert.

Or get externals... ;D
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby ultimateX021 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:40 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:That's why you don't convert whole episodes at a time unless you have a huge Hard drive. Just select out the clips you want to use to convert.

Reference to what you're saying, I have Roxio Digital Media Program that allows me to take clips from non-protected DVDs like imported anime. Often, before I take any footage or convert them I check my current memory space status. If room needs to be made, I remove some major files I don't need and ensure which clips I need to convert ahead of time. It's a good idea to know what you need and are about to do ahead of time before making a move.

Besides what I just said, the Sony Vegas guide is a major helper. Not only does it give information about Sony Vegas' features, but shows what it looks like. I'm thinking about checking out this video program sometime in the future. Great job making this tutorial.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~
ultimateX021

Postby AngelicFury » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Ok so how do I save the clips in vegas that I've created? So i can convert them. I've been sitting around trying to find a way on my own, but to no avail.
AngelicFury

Postby Vivaldi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 pm

File>Render as...? perhaps.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 pm

AngelicFury wrote:Ok so how do I save the clips in vegas that I've created? So i can convert them. I've been sitting around trying to find a way on my own, but to no avail.

are you making clips for source? or are you trying to save your video file?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby AngelicFury » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:52 am

Well I just want to convert the clips I'm going to use so, for source and just for the future so I don't have to post again how do you save the video file?
AngelicFury

PreviousNext

Return to Sony Vegas