The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:54 am

heckka tite tutorial

made me see vegas in a lot easier way

u r a very good person :D

Shadowfox85
Org Profile

Post by Shadowfox85 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:13 am

Question:

Love Vegas, but I'm almost bout done with a project, but i dont know if you covered how to efficiently save and convert the project into a reasonably sized avi file, cuz i know it has to be under 100MB and everytime i try to save the project as an avi file its always too big. Any clues or solutions how to make a reasonable avi with the project?

Thanks!

Ladymercury
Org Profile

Post by Ladymercury » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:28 am

Go to your... er... custom or like properties part of your render screen and adjust your rendering settings...

... it also depends on your codec.
ImageImage
" Gray? You mean GLAY?! I like Jiro! "
The Idiot's Guide To Vegas - A Tutorial for Vegas Video
Lights and Sounds, now up on utoob.

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:25 am

does vegas have a scrubber like in premiere?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:06 am

uP|iN|fLaM3z wrote:does vegas have a scrubber like in premiere?
On the left side of the timeline, underneath the track controls, you'll find the word "Rate" along with some triangles. Right-click the yellow triangle: this allows you to set the normal playback speed; i.e. the speed when you click the play button or press the spacebar. Normally, this should be set to '1'.

Next, grab the cluster of triangles above the yellow one and drag it right or left. That's your basic scrub.

Or, set the time cursor someplace interesting, then press the 'l' (el) key. Then press it once or twice more. Then press the 'k' key. Then press 'j' a few times. This is the JKL shuttle group. J plays in reverse, L plays forward, and K stops it.

Or, set the time cursor and press the space bar to start playback. Hold down the control and shift keys and slowly turn the mouse wheel.

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:19 am

Hey here's tip for vegas. LadyMercury u could add this tip to your tutorial.

This is for people who prefer the timeline and the monitor switched. (like in premiere,windows movie maker,etc.)

1. Load Vegas
2. Go to 'OPTIONS'
3. While holding SHIFT click on 'PREFERENCES' (MAKE SURE U HOLD DOWN SHIFT, OTHERWISE THIS WILL NOT WORK!!)
4. Go To INTERNAL http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7210 ... nge6fg.jpg
5. Go to bottom where it says "Show Only Prefs Containting"
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/4172 ... as18ha.jpg
6. Type in "DOCK"
7. When "Frame Dock At Top" comes up, double click "FALSE"
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8978 ... as25ti.jpg
8. Type in "TRUE" in capital letters.
9. Click ok and BAM! u got the timeline at the bottom and everything else on the top like in premiere or WMM
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/7467 ... nal4ga.jpg

Also if u get a window like this :
http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8640 ... as33lr.jpg
just go to the very top of the timeline and drag it down

Enjoy having Vegas look like other video editors!

-uP|iN|fLaM3z

AerithReborn
Org Profile

Post by AerithReborn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:57 am

I've been having some technical difficulties with Vegas lately. I have made three videos (none post worthy) with the program and never had the same problem.

I followed the directions in A&E's Tech guides, the same way as I had with my last video, and made functioning clips. They work in Zoom Player and Windows Media just fine, and they worked fine before. But now I try to load them in Vegas and all I get is "Video: Stream attributes could not be determined" no matter how I load it. I get it from any avi I've ever used in the program, though other mvids I've collected play just fine. Is there anything I can do without reinstalling the program? (I seem to have misplaced my disks ^^; )
Sig coming soon...

jusu
Org Profile

Post by jusu » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:17 am

hello..i downloaded that vegas 6 and i start doing things..i add music and then i get that video..when i try to add it to that timeline it just give voice :'(
here i´am

fireemblem776
Org Profile

Post by fireemblem776 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:11 pm

It happend to me to what type of codec did you use? If it wa XVID or DIVX you will not be able to see it. It will just play the sound. I learned.-_-. SO if you want to use the clip you need to use in in huffyluv or the lossless codec in virtual dub. Hope that helps.

jusu
Org Profile

Post by jusu » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:36 am

yeah some guy told me something =) and now it is good =) but thanks anyway
here i´am

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”