The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Digitalmaster3605
Org Profile

Post by Digitalmaster3605 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:24 pm

Kyuu2k5 wrote:i found away around it, all i odo is make the clips in movie maker save them there (they get the .wmv format and load them into vegas. IT may take longer but hey! it works! :lol:
why don't you just make clips with VDubMod, export them as a huffyuv/lagarith, then put those into vegas? have you Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>?

Ashura Atsu
Location: Limbo, still wondering if I should go to heaven or hell
Org Profile

Post by Ashura Atsu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:04 pm

So when you guys render it to an AVI, what specific advanced settings do you use? I know no one here has made an AMV almost 1GB!

I don't really want to tweak around and keep rendering to see how big it is. Vegas does let you see how big it is first, but that's only with "Make Move" and when you use "Advanced Render," then it won't tell me. And I don't want to lose any quality on this.

Thanks in advance!
~Peace comes only to the open-mined.~

Digitalmaster3605
Org Profile

Post by Digitalmaster3605 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:12 pm

Ashura Atsu wrote:So when you guys render it to an AVI, what specific advanced settings do you use? I know no one here has made an AMV almost 1GB!

I don't really want to tweak around and keep rendering to see how big it is. Vegas does let you see how big it is first, but that's only with "Make Move" and when you use "Advanced Render," then it won't tell me. And I don't want to lose any quality on this.

Thanks in advance!
I export it losslessly out of Vegas which will be a over a gig, but then i go into VDubMod, and then do a 2pass Xvid, just export out of Vegas as Uncompressed RGB, Lagarith, or HuffYUV, and then follow this guide.[/url]

Ashura Atsu
Location: Limbo, still wondering if I should go to heaven or hell
Org Profile

Post by Ashura Atsu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks, but, is there a simpler method? Sorry if it seems like I'm asking for much, but I'm a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) kind of guy. And I mean, everyone's making AMVs from Vegas, so there's gotta be some simple way people are doing this.
~Peace comes only to the open-mined.~

Kyuu2k5
Org Profile

Post by Kyuu2k5 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 pm

ok now i'm lost, i gotta start studying this now....
Conquering others is strength,Conquering youself is true power

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:50 pm

That's the best way to do it. After you've rendered your project lossless out of Vegas it'll be much easier to test and play with different compression settings for the final compact distribution version.

Digitalmaster3605
Org Profile

Post by Digitalmaster3605 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Kyuu2k5 wrote:ok now i'm lost, i gotta start studying this now....
What don't you get?

And to Ashura Atsu, I don't think there is anyother way of doing it.

Ladymercury
Org Profile

Post by Ladymercury » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:19 pm

Ashura Atsu wrote:Thanks, but, is there a simpler method? Sorry if it seems like I'm asking for much, but I'm a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) kind of guy. And I mean, everyone's making AMVs from Vegas, so there's gotta be some simple way people are doing this.

It all comes down to your render profile card settings. Adjust them and that'll adjust the file size.
ImageImage
" Gray? You mean GLAY?! I like Jiro! "
The Idiot's Guide To Vegas - A Tutorial for Vegas Video
Lights and Sounds, now up on utoob.

Kyuu2k5
Org Profile

Post by Kyuu2k5 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:12 pm

Don't worry master it got explained to me .
Conquering others is strength,Conquering youself is true power

Up In Flamez
Org Profile

Post by Up In Flamez » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:35 am

hey in the double footage section. how did u get the footage to be cut into four different boxes of the same footage?

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”