Question about editing

For help and discussion concerning the Sony Vegas software.

Question about editing

Postby Sephirothskr » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm using vegas right.. and apparently I found a source of footage for this series that does not have watermarks. They are basically the exact same thing as the ones I used just.. you know. Watermarkless.

Using sony vegas, can I replace these clips using the alternate no watermark episodes without having to red-edit the entire thing? Thanks!

There is no being good. Only becoming good.
Sephirothskr

Re: Question about editing

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 am

Sephirothskr wrote:I'm using vegas right.. and apparently I found a source of footage for this series that does not have watermarks. They are basically the exact same thing as the ones I used just.. you know. Watermarkless.

Using sony vegas, can I replace these clips using the alternate no watermark episodes without having to red-edit the entire thing? Thanks!

You can, but you might have to shift the footage a bit if they aren't "completely" the same (different lengths or framerates).

Anyway, you do it with right-clicking the source in your Vegas source browser and there should be a "Replace..." option.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Sephirothskr » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks a lot! Now my footage will look perfect. I found footage of one of my AMV's and I'm like "Wait... why is there no watermarks on my old video but my new one has it. There both the same show!" So I went and found my original source :P

Sephirothskr

Postby Sephirothskr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 am

Mother f***. The episode that has the watermarks and one that doesn't have slightly different durations.. I replaced it and all my edits were thrown off.. Now I have to manually do it... UGHHHHHH.... Cya in 10 hours. XD

Sephirothskr

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 am

Sephirothskr wrote:Mother f***. The episode that has the watermarks and one that doesn't have slightly different durations.. I replaced it and all my edits were thrown off.. Now I have to manually do it... UGHHHHHH.... Cya in 10 hours. XD

I know that feeling ^^; *patpats*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Return to Sony Vegas