Masking annoyances - Vegas 11

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Masking annoyances - Vegas 11

Post by irriadin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Ok, this is driving me effing nuts. I was wondering if there was some way to tweak the way Vegas 11 handles masking. Namely, when I hit "CTRL-Z" to undo my last step, it zooms the image out to fit the screen. Furthermore, hitting undo will only move me back one point. Aaaand when I try to move around my zoomed in mask, it starts creating another path and I can't add to the existing one. Even though I think After Effects is vastly superior to Vegas when it comes to masking, I'd rather not do all of my masks in it.

Ijexis
Org Profile

Re: Masking annoyances - Vegas 11

Post by Ijexis » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 am

Never touched Vegas 11, highest I ever went was Vegas 10. That's very odd that it starts to create another path though, I don't recall ever having that sort of issue in previous iterations.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Re: Masking annoyances - Vegas 11

Post by irriadin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Ijexis wrote:Never touched Vegas 11, highest I ever went was Vegas 10. That's very odd that it starts to create another path though, I don't recall ever having that sort of issue in previous iterations.
From what I've been reading, it seems like this is one of the many issues that happens when Sony rushes software releases and doesn't QA them properly :?

Vegas 11 is great when it comes to using GPU-accelerated plugins, and it's very stable compared to earlier 64bit Win7 supported versions, but the masking sucks enormously. I tried masking a single frame (easy stuff too!) and I almost threw my mouse at my screen.

I've decided to just do my masks in After Effects and chroma key them in. I can mask 100x faster in AE anyway.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”