Advanced Lip Sync

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Herakles
Org Profile

Advanced Lip Sync

Post by Herakles » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 pm

I hope someone of you can help me because i want to make an AMV with advanced lip sync.
I already know how to lip sync with no animation by the characters or in the background. However, now i want to do this in my AMV.
I already watched this tutorial. However, it is for Adobe Premiere CS 5.
I got the idea how it works. So i made a snapshot of a scene where my character had a full and a closed mouth. I cut it in photoshop with pen tool and added it in Sony Vegas.
However, it was too stretched. When i wanted to deacrease the image, there was a limit and it was too big.
Can someone help me with this problem or pos ta good tutorial for advanced lip sync in Sony Vegas.
Thank you very much. Sorry for my bad grammar but my first language isn't English.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Advanced Lip Sync

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 am

Herakles wrote:I hope someone of you can help me because i want to make an AMV with advanced lip sync.
I already know how to lip sync with no animation by the characters or in the background. However, now i want to do this in my AMV.
I already watched this tutorial. However, it is for Adobe Premiere CS 5.
I got the idea how it works. So i made a snapshot of a scene where my character had a full and a closed mouth. I cut it in photoshop with pen tool and added it in Sony Vegas.
However, it was too stretched. When i wanted to deacrease the image, there was a limit and it was too big.
Can someone help me with this problem or pos ta good tutorial for advanced lip sync in Sony Vegas.
Thank you very much. Sorry for my bad grammar but my first language isn't English.
No problem, your English is good enough ^^

Well, the problem here is probably that you mess with the ratio in the process somewhere. What frame size is your lossless, project and exported screenshot? All of those should be the same, you know.

You can also mask in Vegas directly. Some say it's easier in PS, but I always found masking in Vegas intuitive.

Herakles
Org Profile

Post by Herakles » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah the mouth pics had a size of ~97x60. Now i let the size at 1920x1080 and it worked perfect :D
Thank you very much.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 am

Herakles wrote:Yeah the mouth pics had a size of ~97x60. Now i let the size at 1920x1080 and it worked perfect :D
Thank you very much.
Np, glad to be able to help~

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”