Vegas Pro 11 No Video Preview

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Vegas Pro 11 No Video Preview

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 pm

So, I just got Pro 11 and I'm doing the tutorials to learn everything but the issue is no matter what video I put it (I tried home videos from a digital camcorder to clips that I still had from an old AMV I made 6 months ago) there's no preview for the video. I have it loaded on the timeline and everything and when I hit play the cursor moves along the timeline and played the music I selected no problem - but no video at all appears in the preview window, even when I do the preview on an external monitor.

Anyone have a similar issue and found a solution? I'm a total noob editor so pardon my idiocy if this is something super simple >.<

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Pro 11 No Video Preview

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Okay so reading through LadyMercury's guide on here and I got to the part about transitions and where it talks about dragging the edge of the clip on the timeline I tried it out... And while I'm holding onto the clip it's image appears in the preview window... But still not when I hit play lol... So I believe the clip is not faulty! I'm just missing something very essential and I do not know what it is >.>
Once I tried to close my eyes.... I thought you disappeared.

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Also my codec was not Divx or Xvid, it was UTVideo and they're .avi clips. I tried downloading someone else's AMV and opening it in the program and putting it on the timeline and now the preview works for their clips. Annnd of course, when I take out my song and just play the clips by themselves, they show up in the preview... :evil: The audio is .mp3 and when it's there the audio will play but not the clip. However, interestingly, if I use someone else's AMV and place my clip at the beginning of it, I get my clip playing in the preview with their audio playing. *sigh*

DustyAstroidRain
Org Profile

Post by DustyAstroidRain » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Okay I have no idea why but after I removed the music, I put the video on there first and the audio second and now it works O.o Sooo this thread can be deleted if mods would like or if someone has a similar problem - that's how I solved it lol

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”