Vegas Will Not Start

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Khat17
Org Profile

Vegas Will Not Start

Post by Khat17 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:18 am

Hi all. Been working on another AMV recently and have also had a bit of work coming in that I had to deal with. Through it all I ended up installing some stuff I didn't want to, and then did a system restore - backup was done with backup software (Paragon HDM - I rather Paragon to Acronis for functions/price but rather Acronis' interface.......)

Anyways - previously doing a restore was fine with no hitches. Now once I restore I can't start Vegas. The version that I have is Movie Studio HD Platinum (10.0) and I'm a little annoyed that Sony puts out so many updates for the Pro version but my version gets no updates so far.

I've tried what links are below:

http://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/d ... e%20studio

http://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/d ... LTlFcWs%3D

And someone on the Sony forum suggested holding SHIFT+CTRL (which I couldn't believe worked) when clicking on the link to the program and a prompt would appear. The prompt allowed for settings in Vegas to be reset, but that also didn't work. One last suggestion was DEP which didn't seem to work yet.

At this point I'm looking at doing a full format and reinstall instead of a restore from a backup that I have, and that's a bit annoying. Has anyone seen/fixed this problem before? Please let me know.

Khat17
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Will Not Start

Post by Khat17 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 am

BTW - I see no edit button, so sorry for the double-posting. Mods please merge when you have the time.

Thing I forgot to say is on the second link it asks you to remove all .NET versions and an SQL entry. I didn't uninstall the .NET versions (only thing I think I didn't do) and I did not see anything SQL installed so that wasn't done either. If there's somewhere else that I should have looked for that please post as well.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Will Not Start

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon May 09, 2011 8:43 am

I think reinstalling would be the best thing in this situation - it's pretty unclear "what" broke and "how" to fix it >.>

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”