Project stopped working

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
digifreak
Org Profile

Project stopped working

Post by digifreak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 pm

I was editing some .wmv clips (video with audio) in 9.0. It's a fair amount of clips that have come up to over an hour of footage. After a certain point the project started crashing. I can't touch any of the files within the project anymore without it crashing. It would be ridiculous to try to re-edit them. I'm using Windows 7. I suspect it may be the memory cuz I have so many clips. I'm hoping the project is still salvageable but I don't know what to do...

Mastamind
Org Profile

Re: Project stopped working

Post by Mastamind » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Try re-encoding the footage to lossless avi's, then replace the wmv with the avi in your project. You could also render the project, if it lets you, and then pick up the editing from there on another timeline...

digifreak
Org Profile

Post by digifreak » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks. There was something wrong with some of the clips towards the end of the timeline. I was able to remove them and it started working again. I started rendering it in increments. After the first two renders vegas suddenly stopped recognizing my codecs. I tried huffyuv, but it won't go past 1%...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 am

Re-encode them in VirtualDub using AviSynth - you can read the details in AVTech guide here

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”